Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding Emergency

Hi everyone,
2 weeks ago, my reception hall caught on fire. We were told the room we are renting had some minor smoke damage, but would be up and running by the date of the wedding. This past Saturday we called back again to set up a time to look at the hall again and SURPRISE! Our room will be disabled until August. My wedding is June 30. Because of the shape of the tables and the completely different atmosphere of the new room we're going to be in (which is the basement, of all places), we need to figure out new centerpieces. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions about centerpieces that would look good on rectangular tables, in a room that has no windows? Any help I can get will be so gratefully appreciated.Thanks!!!! 

Re: Wedding Emergency

• I'm sorry you have to deal with this so close to your wedding, but the good thing is at least you have time to adjust your plans.

What did your original centerpieces look like?
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-emergency?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:e533f26c-1ccf-4aa4-bee9-1fb879772008Post:2d803c94-c0ce-4385-a9f4-c52ed97249e9">Re: Wedding Emergency</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry you have to deal with this so close to your wedding, but the good thing is at least you have time to adjust your plans. What did your original centerpieces look like?
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]
    Right. We were worried we would have to change. It's bittersweet that we won't have to, only because we picked our original room because of the view. Oh well. 
    The centerpieces were a circular floral arrangement we were going to arrange ourselves. The flowers weren't ordered yet, so we don't have to stick with flowers, either.
  • When you say rectangle tables do you mean the long banquet tables? There are a ton of pictures on TK that show centerpieces done on tables like these.

I think you can still stick with flowers. I'd maybe get some vases, maybe at different heights? Your centerpieces could run down the table, where a table runner would sit. You can mix and match heights and give it an eclectic feel, yet still make it look pretty. Also, if you are near an Ikea, they sell a variety of vases for very low prices. I bought sets of tealight holders that I plan on using on my tables. Tealights would be really scattered between higher pieces. You could light candles (if they allow it), or use LED lights to bring some light into the room.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-emergency?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:e533f26c-1ccf-4aa4-bee9-1fb879772008Post:a79caab0-7cb2-4eef-8abd-6e02e765e0d6">Re: Wedding Emergency</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Emergency : Right. We were worried we would have to change. It's bittersweet that we won't have to, only because we picked our original room because of the view. Oh well.  The centerpieces were a circular floral arrangement we were going to arrange ourselves. The flowers weren't ordered yet, so we don't have to stick with flowers, either.
    Posted by CorrieDude[/QUOTE]

I think they will look fine with long tables.

• I would use lots of candles and keep the flowers as well. I think rectangular tables end up looking pretty neat. It's a good way to line the dance floor also (if you're having one).
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We checked out the hall today. It's terrible. The tables are so narrow, we won't even be able to fit centerpieces on them. They're much longer, and skinnier than we imagined.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards