Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Brother - Sister Dance Song

I'm having trouble finding a good song for my brother and I to dance to. (Dad is not in the picture).  My brother will also be walking me down the aisle.  I don't want anything too cheesy and not lovey dovey but it seems like there is a lack of sibling songs out there.
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brother - Sister Dance Song

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For some reason "Wind Beneath My Wings" came to mind. Or, perhaps you could talk to your brother and the two of you could pick a song that had special significance to you as you were growing up.

Though the fact that your wedding is two years away means that there's a chance a song could come out between now and then that would suit you and your brother perfectly. I would definitely keep your options open for now...we didn't make final decisions on songs until about 8 weeks out.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_brother-sister-dance-song?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:a5b53f1e-e5e7-4ab2-a1f4-454ca8428266Post:f5ad49c4-a105-4d06-b6c6-86b19a1e5730">Re: Brother - Sister Dance Song</a>:
    [QUOTE]For some reason <strong>"Wind Beneath My Wings"</strong> came to mind. Or, perhaps you could talk to your brother and the two of you could pick a song that had special significance to you as you were growing up. Though the fact that your wedding is two years away means that there's a chance a song could come out between now and then that would suit you and your brother perfectly. I would definitely keep your options open for now...we didn't make final decisions on songs until about 8 weeks out.
    Posted by twilight.rose[/QUOTE]

My SIL surprised FI with this song at her wedding. He loved it & was so surprised to dance with her! I thought it was such a great choice!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • sueblue29sueblue29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother and I are dancing to Seal's rendition of "Stand by Me" - I also like Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely"...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards