Arkansas

Intros!

We seem to have a lot of new people on here, so let's get to know each other!

1.  What's your first name?  Your FI/DHs?  (fiance/dear husband's)

2.  How did you guys meet?

3.  What is/was the favorite part or detail from your wedding?

4.  What's your favorite restaurant?

5.  What do you like to do in your spare time?
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Intros!

• sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Danielle and Bryan

2.  We met at Jiffylube! 

3.  Aside from having everyone that I loved the most in the same room, I'd have to say the paper stuff I made - the table numbers and place cards.  They're in my bio, if you'd like to look.

4.  No idea...I'm looking for recommendations!

5.  I used to do a ton of theater - performing on stage and playing in the orchestra.  I haven't found a place to do that here in AR, but now my daughter takes up all of my time.  :)

• jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hey Danielle, your baby girl is adorable!!!! Congratulations!!!  Will you be in Arkansas much longer? 

1.  What's your first name?  Your FI/DHs?  Jennifer and Dane

2.  How did you guys meet?  We met online.  I was playing a game and when I closed it, this ad popped up for a singles site.  I was just in the right kind of mood to go ahead and look.  I found him and the rest is history.

3.  What is/was the favorite part or detail from your wedding?  I don't think I can pick one thing.  Everything was just perfect!  I spent a lot of time on the favors though, so I'll pick them.  I spent hours dipping pretzels and packaging them.  I tied enough tiny little bows to last me a life time.

4.  What's your favorite restaurant?  It depends on my mood.  We go to Jason's for burgers, Jose's for Mexican, Colton's for a steak.  Before I moved to Hot Springs, we loved Mi Burrito, Zaxby's, and Beef O' Brady's.  All of those are in Maumelle.

5.  What do you like to do in your spare time?  I'm either playing computer games or working out.
  • edited December 2011
     Hanna and Cory

We met in our high school history class.

having our families here with us. we moved from jonesboro to little rock a month ago, and it has been hard not having our families around.

4.  What's your \favorite restaurant?
     still looking. of course my fi loves red lobster. we could eat that every night for the rest of our lives and he would be happy. we have eaten at a few mexican restaurants here in lr but i'm still looking for my favorite.

currently i have been on the search for a job. when i'm not doing that, we are hanging out with our nephews, they are always playing at least one sport. currently its baseball.

I am so glad there has been more action on this board lately!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Hanna & Cory
  • edited December 2011
    Ashley and Jason

My maid of honor introduced us.  Jason works with her brother at the UA athletic department. 

I can't wait to dance!

4.  What's your \favorite restaurant?
    Our favorite by far is Doe's, but we probably go to La Huerta more than anything!

Playing with our dogs, working on the house, grilling
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jennifer!

DH has been looking for jobs and is being flown up tp Ohio on Monday for an interview, so hopefully we'll be moving soon!  I've enjoyed our time here, but would love to be within driving distance of my family, especially now with the baby.

How are things going for you?

• edited December 2011
    1.  What's your first name?  Your FI/DHs?  (fiance/dear husband's)  I'm Brittney and my DH is Tyler

2.  How did you guys meet?  We met at OBU with a mutual group of friends

3.  What is/was the favorite part or detail from your wedding?  I loved our reception venue...the table centerpieces, the food, the decor, the music, the ambiance.  I loved it all.

4.  What's your favorite restaurant?  My favorites are On the Border and Macaroni Grill---but we don't have either of those where I live.  For now, my favorite that I can go to anytime is Hugos (the BEST burgers in the state).

5.  What do you like to do in your spare time?  I am a grad student, so I don't have much free time.  But I like to shop, read, cook, and ride behind DH on the motorcycle.
  • jlk67jlk67 member
    edited December 2011
    Things are going good.  It's crazy how time flies.  It took forever for the wedding to get here and now our first anniversary is almost here.  I'm so happy for you!  What a sweet little baby!  I know it's hard being away from family, especially with a new baby.  I also know you've missed being able to do theater.  It's disappointing that you couldn't find a place to do that in LR. 
    edited December 2011
    I know, it feels like my wedding was yesterday!  We just got an anniversary card in the mail today and it took me by surprise, even though I should have expected it.

Are your kids glad to be done with school?

• jlk67jlk67 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes they are.  My oldest graduated from UALR last month.  She's very happy to be done, but she still wants to go to grad school at some point.  My younger daughter completed her first year of grad school at USC and will be back home for the entire month of July. 

His oldest completed his first year at LSU, but has decided to join the Marines instead of going back to school right now.   That has caused a lot of controversy.  His youngest will be a HS junior next year. 

Are you still teaching?  I bet your students were excited about you having a baby. 
  • jking614jking614 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1. Mark and Jenny

2. At senior prom in high school!

3. I am looking forward to my dress! I love it!

4. Sushi would be a big favorite!

5. we horse back ride alot and go to the river!

• edited December 2011
    1.  What's your first name?  Your FI/DHs?  Megan and Witten

2.  How did you guys meet? In college.  I spotted him in class one day and I couldn't stop looking at him!  A few weeks later I got up the nerve to talk to him.  We totally hit it off, hung out all night at a coffee shop, went to my campus ministry meeting together, and started dating a week and a half after we met.

3.  What is/was the favorite part or detail from your wedding?  It was just incredibly romantic, laid back, and fun.  We both cried during our vows and everyone said they cried too. 

4.  What's your favorite restaurant? BD's Mongolian BBQ!  But they don't have them here :(  I miss Ohio sometimes...

5.  What do you like to do in your spare time?  Mostly, hanging out with our dog and attending church.  DH is Air Force and works nights and sleeps during the day.  I was working as a portrait photographer (dayshift...), but I just quit my job today because of a lack of hours.  I'm excited to find something that will give me more time with him. 
    image"
    edited December 2011
    Megan - where in AR are you?  There's a Mongolian BBQ place in Little Rock!

• leathialeathia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What's your first name?  Your FI/DHs?  My name is Leathia and my fiance's name is Caleb!

2.  How did you guys meet? We met in college. He was workout buddies with my neighbor (who I liked and was chasing after while Caleb was chasing after me!) Quite a story there lol.

3.  What is/was the favorite part or detail from your wedding? We haven't married yet, our date is December 4th, 2010.

4.  What's your favorite restaurant? I'm addicted to Applebee's moz sticks lol. I love anything mexican and Hunan's in Hot Springs is awesome!

5.  What do you like to do in your spare time? I love to watch movies, shop, and read. =)
  • edited December 2011

Leathia we're date twins!!

1.  Brooke and Josh

2. We met in college.  We were on the debate team (I know....nerd herd right?) together.

3.  I love our location.  It's gorgeous at Christmas time.

4. Love anything Mexican and this total hole in the wall in my hometown called Ray's.

5. I read non-stop.  Anything and everything I can get my hands on. 

• leathialeathia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats so awesome! and not to mention exciting!! Where are you guys getting married? We're in Hot Springs! What are your colors?!
    edited December 2011
    I've been the mod for awhile, Ash!  Since a few months before the change over, lol.

So, the only question I have is...what server?  (not like I have time to play anymore)

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married at a church in southeast AR that decorates majorly for Christmas!  But not over the top tacky, more white lights gold ornaments type things.  And our colors are gold/cream with a little splash of green.  And I mean very little.
  • RussellsBabyRussellsBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  What's your first name?  Nicki & Russell

2.  How did you guys meet? He messaged me on myspace and we hung out and become inseperatable!

3.  What is/was the favorite part or detail from your wedding? Becoming his wife!

4.  What's your favorite restaurant? We really dont eat out that much!

5.  What do you like to do in your spare time? Sports! and activities with the kids & outdoor activities!
  • edited December 2011

***ASHLEY***  i think I know you!  I think we work for the same company.  In the interest of keeping this confidential I'll give a few small hints:  I work on the 5th floor and I think you work on the 4th.  Were you featured in a publication regarding a local school?  Have I visited you about missing a missing ticket?  This will be embarrasing if you're not who i think you are!  haha!

1. Allison & James
    2. We met at a mutual friend's house but did not start dating till six months later when he finally asked me out instead of just staring at me with a goofy grin on his face.
    3. I'm loving ALL of it!  That might change as things get more hectic...  I especially love how involved he is and how personal all of our plans are.
    4. La Huerta, various rib joints, Awful Waffle after a very late night :)
    5. 4wheeling! Camping! Disc Golf! The Lake! (Ouachita, Tenkiller, Beaver...it doesn't matter really as long as we're with our friends)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards