May 2012 Weddings

what are you including with your invites?

i'm trying to figure out if i should include a bunch of inserts with my invite or let it just be the invite & reply cards. 

background info: our wedding is (for all intents and purposes) a destination wedding in FI's hometown.  90% of the invited guests are from out of town.  everyone received a save-the-date with our wedding website, which i loaded up with A TON of information: maps, directions, accomodations, etc.  i know old people aren't generally internet savvy, but those folks have been taken care of.  a lot of our friends and close family have already purchased their flights and booked their hotels.

my sister is hand drawing custom maps for us, but it's taking a little longer than anticipated so i thought i could just send them out as people RSVP.  and i've heard of people making "accomodation cards" to put in the invites too, but i hadn't planned on doing that.

what are you including in your invites?  would you suggest including a map & accomodation card in our invites?  or would it be ok to send it after receiving the guests RSVP?  am i missing something?

TIA, i'm trying to get them sent out this weekend so i'm starting to stress just a teeny bit  :)

Re: what are you including with your invites?

• edited February 2012
    I have the invite...a "Celebration" card which has the reception venue info on it and I have an "Extras" card that says :

"Please check our wedding website at www.blah blah.com for more information on: Hotel Accomodations, Registry Information, Song Requests and Directions"

Most of our older guests already live in this area with the exception of my grandparents but they have internet access so that's no problem. We only registered so that if people REALLY want to buy us a gift, they have something to go off, and those that are coming in from out of town got a save the date and are computer savvy. And my RSVP postcard...obviously.  Hope that helps!!
    178 Are Invited
    image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
    RSVP Date April 14
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also having a destination wedding... I sent out information cards in October with hotel, airport, directions, etc... I still felt like people would have lost them or forgot about them, so when I sent my invites, I slipped in a small business card sized enclosure with our wedding website on it, just in case! 100% of my guests will be traveling 8 hours, I'm sure they won't mind another reminder note about planning :) 
  • All of FI's family and most of his frieds are OOT. We sent out STDs in August with hotel information and then we also reminded relatives we saw over the holidays about booking hotel rooms. 

Our invites have four enclosures, simply because I'm paranoid about our guests having plenty of information without having to use the computer. We have an Accommodations card, Celebration card, RSVP and envelope, and then an Extras card with our website on it. 

IMO, the more info you can send with the invite, the better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have our invite, a "Reception" card (since our reception is not at the same place as our ceremony), an "Accommodations" card, & the RSVP card. We didn't put a map/direction card in there because MOST of our guests are from around here & know where the church is. And, I figure if they don't know where it is, they can get on Mapquest or something :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we have 2 inserts:
    1= RSVP
    2 = hybride Accomidations and Reception card
    Anniversary
  • Three inserts:
    -Accomodations
    -RSVP
    -Reception
  • We have 3 inserts - 1) accommodations/directions w/ map on the back, 2) reception info, and 3) RSVP postcards

You could always just mail the extra info to people that are coming after they return their RSVPs if you are itching to mail them, but you would be using more postage =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Most of our guests are also OOT. We're also hosting a dessert reception the night before the wedding and a brunch the morning after. So we have:
    Our invitation
    RSVP card & envelope
    Weekend activity card - giving the details of the above events
    Accommodations/Direction card
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We also have 4 inserts. A RSVP post card, a Directions card with a map on the back, a Reception card and an Accommodations card. 

We also have a Child Care card and a Family Pictures card, but those only get put into the invites of the people who apply.
  • -RSVP Card
    -Reception Info and below it we put our wedding website which has everything.

OOT guest knew about booking travel information back when we sent out STDs and most have already booked their travel arrangement.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have two inserts besides the invite. (1) RSVP card w envelope and (2) a map with our wedding website and addresses and timelines for the church, reception, and hotel (with wedding code). I went back and forth on the number of inserts but I think I have enough information.
  • I included directions and a map to the Church and Reception Hall.  I also included the Hotel information.  Even though I have most of that information on the wedding website most poeple didn't even look at it until the invites.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Typically you need 3-4 inserts, depending on if you're having you reception at the same place as your ceremony.  All of our wedding events are in the same place, so we don't need a Reception card.

You should include:
    Invitation (duh lol)
    Response card and addressed/stamped envelope
    Directions
    Accomodations
    Reception (if applicable)

And that's all she wrote!  I included all this and MUCH more on my website, and despite the fact that the website has been on my save the date AND shower invite AND all over facebook, people still don't look at it.  *eye roll*
    Anniversary
  • My invitations include:

-The invite
    -Reception card
    -RSVP card & envelope
    -Directions/accommodation card (I wrote them up on the same card)
    -Inner & Outer envelope
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My invitations have three inserts:

1) RSVP
    2) Reception card 
    3) Details and Information - this is my biggest insert and it includes all hotel info, info about our wedding website, and info about our rehearsal dinner (we're inviting everyone to it.)

For us, personally, it was important to include info about the hotel since everyone will be traveling to our wedding.  A map wasn't as important - everyone has a GPS nowadays or they know how to google.  I'm not too concerned.  
    Anniversary
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I have the RSVP card and a little accommodation card with the hotel info and our website.  I didn't think a map was necessary as most of the OOT will take a shuttle and for those not staying in the hotel I figured they could use their GPS.  I also didn't need a reception card since our reception is immediately following our wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards