Destination Weddings Discussions

Finding location - SOS

Hi,

I just got engaged (yay) and we have decided on a destination wedding. We live in a different province then the rest of our family and we decided it would be easier to have everyone fly to a resort and have a vacation, then us trying to have a beautiful wedding half way across the country.

I've never travelled, and I'm really excited but we can't decide where to go, everywhere looks beautiful!!!

My fiancee heard about a website where you can see peoples photos of the resort rather than the stock photos and we think that might help our decision...does anyone know what the website is?!

Re: Finding location - SOS

• tripadvisor.com has reviews and photos posted by people that have vacationed there. You can start there. Good Luck and welcome to the board. These ladies are fabulous!
  • I don't know anything about any of the locations but I voted Antigua simply based on the fact that it looked amazing on the recent season of the bachelor - haha.
  • I would do the place you'd most love to visit!  Welcome to the board, we are all full of fabulous info :)
  • I've been to all of these except Domincan Republic. I would say (just my opinion) that Antigua and Barbados are the more upscale, but really it all depends on the resort you pick. You might also look into costs at each before deciding as that will play a big factor as far as flights and hotels/cost of the wedding.
  • Welcome!  This will be your hardest decision!  These ladies are great, we're happy to have you along for the ride!  I didn't vote, but if I did it would be for the Dominican--we were thinking about going there before we finalized on Mexico!

Good luck!

Oh, have you thought of contact a TA for some assistance?  They have a lot of great information that could help narrow your search down!
  • I have to vote DR because 1 i was born there :) and 2 because my wedding is there.

Welcome aboard and happy planning!

I second tripadvisor and also the resort website itself.

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • We just went to the Bahamas and it was wonderful! I also had a friend get married in Punt a Cana (Dominican) in January and she had only great things to say about it.

Good luck! I just got mine booked on Friday. It is hard to choose!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_finding-location-sos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:d1c3ada7-80d2-4531-a568-a5d213d69fa5Post:ff97bc5a-1ce3-4267-9f92-edd612036d30">Finding location - SOS</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I just got engaged (yay) and we have decided on a destination wedding. We live in a different<strong> province </strong>then the rest of our family and we decided it would be easier to have everyone fly to a resort and have a vacation, then us trying to have a beautiful wedding half way across the country. I've never travelled, and I'm really excited but we can't decide where to go, everywhere looks beautiful!!! My fiancee heard about a website where you can see peoples photos of the resort rather than the stock photos and we think that might help our decision...does anyone know what the website is?!
    Posted by LeanneC15[/QUOTE]

<div>Do I sense another Canuck!?!??!  FI and I decided on Beaches Turks and Caicos.... expensive IMHO, but worth it. If your wedding will be sans kids, Sandals is also great. My brother got married in Cuba (Playa Costa Verde in Holguin), I unfortunately couldn't go but he and my SIL said that it was just wonderful (low key, but they enjoyed it). I concur with the other ladies when they say check out tripadvisor. GL and can't wait to see what you decide!!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • lol How did you know I was a Canuck?! Thanks sooo much ladies. I'm totally going to check out the websites and I'm already making plans to see a Travel Agent (turns out my fiancee has one in the family lol)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_finding-location-sos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:d1c3ada7-80d2-4531-a568-a5d213d69fa5Post:2ef078f7-0715-4835-b28d-c892a638b3c1">Re: Finding location - SOS</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol How did you know I was a Canuck?! Thanks sooo much ladies. I'm totally going to check out the websites and I'm already making plans to see a Travel Agent (turns out my fiancee has one in the family lol)
    Posted by LeanneC15[/QUOTE]

<div>"province" said it all :D</div><div>I'm in Ontario, where are you?!?!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards