July 2012 Weddings
Options

Newish to board...

Hi! I joined when my fiance proposed, but spent a lot of time on WeddingWire. It's been getting pretty crazy over there so I'm coming here. It's nice to see a lot of people who are planning a wedding the same time I am. We have picked a date of July 1st, 2012. So far, I have the venue picked. My dad needs to go look at it before we can book it. He's planning on doing that in the next week or so. I do have my dress picked out and will be ordering in the next month. I want to make sure I don't change my mind lol. The centerpieces have been designed, but I need to purchase everything for them yet. We have decided to have a harp for the ceremony. My FH has already picked out the tuxes for the guys. That's about all we have planned at the moment.
Photobucket

Re: Newish to board...

• Options
    Wow. You have waaaaaay more than me done. My date is July 29th and my parents and FI had me agree not to do anything else besides book our venue until December. :-/ Oh well! 

Good for you tho! Sounds like you'll have less stress being so prepared already :-). Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_newish-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1874a67-08f7-44ee-9e41-350b17e2cd53Post:bc68dc37-079f-4eca-82c4-1a56dda86049">Re: Newish to board...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. You have waaaaaay more than me done. <strong>My date is July 29th and my parents and FI had me agree not to do anything else besides book our venue until December. :-/</strong> Oh well!  Good for you tho! Sounds like you'll have less stress being so prepared already :-). Welcome to the board!
    Posted by BirdyBride[/QUOTE]

I don't know how busy your area gets, but I highly suggest booking as much as you can early because A LOT of things book early!  The big things I suggest booking early are the ceremony and reception venues, photographer and DJ!  Florist and baker can wait until then.  July is a busy time of year for weddings.  I would hate for you to lose out on anything you really want to have!  Also, the latest I would order your dress would be October/November because it can take up to 6months for a dress to come in and then you'll need time for alterations!!  Just a little FIY!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_newish-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a1874a67-08f7-44ee-9e41-350b17e2cd53Post:11918343-6fe1-4d26-9b52-98b5661c6ecf">Newish to board...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I joined when my fiance proposed, but spent a lot of time on WeddingWire. It's been getting pretty crazy over there so I'm coming here. It's nice to see a lot of people who are planning a wedding the same time I am. We have picked a date of July 1st, 2012. So far, I have the venue picked. My dad needs to go look at it before we can book it. He's planning on doing that in the next week or so. I do have my dress picked out and will be ordering in the next month. I want to make sure I don't change my mind lol. The centerpieces have been designed, but I need to purchase everything for them yet. We have decided to have a harp for the ceremony. My FH has already picked out the tuxes for the guys. That's about all we have planned at the moment.
    Posted by StephanieToBeKeys[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the board!!!
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    Welcome and congrats Stephanie!

Birdy, why do you guys have to wait until December?? That makes me nervous :-\ You have the castle venue right? I guess if they set the rule about booking until Dec, then maybe it's no big... but I'd be worried about your other vendors.

ETA: Birdy I just now read your answer to my question about NC from a few days ago haha. Did you go to Appalachian? I had a looot of friends that went there. And that's so strange about the castle location. I have a few friends who live in Jamestown and I've been there a billion times. I don't know why I hadn't ever heard of this? I'll have to look it up now lol :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the board! You have a lot of checks done! All we have is the venue and photographer. We don't even have colors picked out yet!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards