Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake Prices

I was just wondering, if you don't mind saying, how big your cake was, and how much you paid for it? I don't like hardly any of the bakeries that I have looked into in my area....and want to make sure the one place I do like isn't ripping me off or something.

Thanks

Re: Cake Prices

• edited December 2011

Price has a lot to do with location.  You may get a better idea from brides in your area.  Try posting this on your local board to get local price results.

• edited December 2011
    I've read cakes can cost from $2 to ten times that per slice. It depends on location, style, flavor, size, and decorations.
  • rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    prices vary from place to place, even in the same city as they have to factor in overhead costs into everything they bake (labour costs, rent, electricity..). I live in Vancouver BC and I make wedding cakes on the side out of my apartment and I charge $3/serving. But Ive heard of price ranges from $1.50 up to $10.00 or more per serving. 
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • edited December 2011
    It definitely depends on where you're looking, the intricacy of the cake, and sometimes even the flavors. Our venue will do cakes on-site and charges $2.50/serving. For tha price the baker will still do pretty much any design you want, but I'm sure if you wanted something over the top labor-intensive, the price would increase, as is usually the case. You really just have to browse and quote bakers in your area. 
  • Kimberly0402Kimberly0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems like cakes in Upstate New York run anywhere from $2.50 a slice to $5.50. That's what I've found.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    From what I've found..average around here-Ohio seems to be about 2.75-3.50 per slice, with fondant about 4.50 per slice. Haven't ordered on yet though so I don't have an exact price for ya.
  • Piston89Piston89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well thank you ladies, you've been helpful! The lady I'm looking into seems to be relatively average I guess. :)
  • mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Luckily my MIL is baking our cake but from what I have seen about $3 per slice.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards