April 2013 Weddings
Options

I am so bad!

I just checked our registry and am sooo excited 14 presents were bought but I peeked a little a saw a few.. I'm just so excited I can't help it! haha.. I just want to know who went out shopping for us! You'll have to bear with me I haven't had a party thrown in my honor since I was about 6 so I'm a little too giddy lol
158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I am so bad!

• Options
    I plan on doing the same thing and I don't feel bad about it :-P
  • Options
    I check my registry almost daily.  Someone actually sent me an gift this week I have to go pick up in store - I haven't even sent my invites out!  Now question is can I start using said present before the wedding?  I am planning to write a thank you card up next week.
  • Options
    Everyone keeps telling me not to look on there so thats where the guilty conscience comes from. Honestly though I put the stuff on there so it's not like its a surprise what people are buying! lol.. 

And I dont really know about that, joheryl, Ive heard you can't use the gifts until after the wedding but that doesn't really make sense to me. I have a house now and can use these things now.. if we get a blender I am DEFINITELY using it before the wedding because we've needed one so bad lol. Any other party you can use gifts immediately. I live by the rule don't use it until you send a thank you card but after that, whos checking.... honestly.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    joheryljoheryl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    allychase - I like your motto if I send a thank you I can use.  I would love to make some waffles soon Smile
  • Options
    I can't check my registry because I love surprises. I am very strange.

As for using the items before the wedding... You are technically not supposed to use them because if the wedding does not happen all gifts should be returned. Most people who are planning a wedding know that they are getting married no matter what - but sometimes sh!t happens.

With that being said, we are in desperate need of a toaster and if I get one at my shower I plan on using that sucker right away. If something does happen and the wedding has to be cancelled I will buy a toaster and send it back to the gifter. But most of the stuff we will not be using until after the wedding. Just the essentials.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards