• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2010 Weddings

Starting a diet....

Anyone else starting a diet with the new year? I started mine today =(. I don't need to lose alot, just about 5lbs but I hate diets. I'm concentrating on how good I'm going to look in my dress thoughLaughing
Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse image Anniversary

Re: Starting a diet....

• Me too! But I hate diets and am awful at them! I'd like to lose about 6-7lb, but it's so hard to get off! Are you going to follow a plan of some sort?
    I think I'll do Weight Watchers. Good luck :)
  • Yes!  Been doing one since late July and lost about 20 lbs.  Much more to go but enjoying the holiday season.  Then hitting it hard again after this weekend (and yet another family gathering).

Good luck!
  • I'm not necessarily going to be starting a diet but I am going to begin working out more regularly to tone up for the wedding :) GL with whatever you girls will doing! :)
  • I am too! I want to lose 10-15 pounds. 10 to get back to the weight I was when I bought my dress...5 more for good measure.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • as long as you eat healthy and work out 3+ days a week (20 mins at least each time) you should easily lose the weight.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • I feel the same way most of you do.....I hate diets.  I don't have to lose any weight, but I do need to tone up my arms.  For some reason that is the only place that gains weight....any suggestions?

• stay - check with curiousfool.  she does the push-up challenge with the may 2010 hotties.  she has a post out here earlier today that will lead you in the right direction.
  • Oh of course, more dieting :) I, too, hate it but it's the cycle of life isn't it ladies lol. I think I'll be doing Weight Watchers again and working out more. We are going to do a Biggest Loser as well with some of our friends and cousins which is always fun! Good luck girls!
  • I did a bit of a detox over the past couple of days as I've got my first dress fitting tomorrow. But I want to lose about 7lbs between now and May but I hate watching what I eat. I just plan to cut out the junk, exercise more and just eat healthier.

Good Luck Everyone!

xjcx
  • I lost around 10lbs last spring drinking a smoothie for breakfast, eating special k for lunch and then eating a normal dinner but not over-doing it. I also took hydroxycut, but I'm not sure how much that helped because other people I know who took it didn't lose anything. Plus right after I finished the bottle I found out it can cause liver damage, they supposedly re-did it though.
    Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse image Anniversary
  • I want to lose about 5 or 6 pounds, so I'm going to cut back on the junk and fast food and continue to work out so I can tone up.
  • I won't be dieting but I plan on increasing my workout regimen. I need to tone up, especially the arms.
  • Counting calories is the most accurate way to lose weight, as long as you burn more calories than you eat you'll lose weight. Also, if you are "toning up" please don't use 3 pound weights or something silly like that... you aren't doing yourself any good!!!

caloriecount.about.com is a good website for calorie counting and exercise info. There's a food long, exercise program ideas and active forums :] I've been on there for a couple years.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards