Missouri-Kansas City

Lets talk about BM

How many are you having

Do their dresses match?  what color and where did u get them?

Do their shoes match?

Are you paying for their hair/makeup?

What is ur gift to them?

Are they all family or are they friends too?

Re: Lets talk about BM

• edited December 2011
    How many are you having3 BM and one man of honor
    Do their dresses match?  what color and where did u get them?Yes, but they picked it.  Its black and from jcrew (on the of BM works there so we got the dresses for 60)
    Do their shoes match?They will, but i'm buying them
    Are you paying for their hair/makeup?I'm paying for hair but not make up
    What is ur gift to them?personalized totes, hangers made with their names, necklaces, and spa products.
    Are they all family or are they friends too?My bro is man of honor, and the bm are all friends
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to keep info about my BMs private, thank you...

Oh, you mean bridesmaids... ;p I always giggle internally at BMs and STDs.

How many are you having? 5

Do their dresses match?  what color and where did u get them? All are the same color and materials, but two of them are strapless and 3 of them are halter top. I bought them at target.com for $30ish!

Do their shoes match? They will all be gold, but I allowed them to pick their own style. I get final say, however.

Are you paying for their hair/makeup? No, unfortunately not. :( I would like to, but I already bought the dresses for them.

What is ur gift to them? Haven't decided yet. I'm making them necklaces and will probably get them gift cards to a restaurant or Starbucks.

Are they all family or are they friends too? One is my sister, 3 are my friends, and 1 is David's friend.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    How many are you having? 5 bridesaids (including the MOH)

Do their dresses match?  What color and where did u get them?  Dresses are chocolate brown, and yes they all match.  They are from David's Bridal. (see picture)
    Do their shoes match? Yep!  And they're hot pink!! ($10 pair of dyeable shoes from Payless, $2 box of Rit dye=GREAT price for cute shoes)

Are you paying for their hair/makeup? They're paying for hair.  None of them plan to have their makeup done professionally.

What is ur gift to them? Cute, cute gifts...a lunch tote with their name and initial, cute wallets from Target, shoes for the day-of, earrings for the day-of, and a funky ring for each of them.

Are they all family or are they friends too? My sister is the MOH, two are high school friends, two are college friends.

Sarah & Craig
    My Planning Bio: http://sarahandcraig.weebly.com/
    My Married Bio: http://craigandsarahsides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    How many are you having? 3

Do their dresses match?  what color and where did u get them? Yes, their dresses match.  They are peridot (a sage green) and we got them at David's Bridal.  (See SaraBeth's picture, same dress)

Do their shoes match? No

Are you paying for their hair/makeup? I wish but unfortunately, no.

What is ur gift to them? I still have to figure that out!

Are they all family or are they friends too? One is my SIL and the other two are friends.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Apparently that's a popular dress!  I've seen pictures from 3 other weddings on facebook with the same dresses!  And my sister has a good friend that is getting married one week after me...same dresses in the same color!!

Sarah & Craig
  • edited December 2011
    How many are you having?
    I had 3
    Their dresses matched but they all carried a bouquet of a different flower (one had roses, another gerber daisies and the last carnations).  They were black with ivory and I got them from Amore.

Do their shoes match?
    No.

Unfortunately I was unable to afford to pay for their hair and makeup...however I am a hairstylist and have a lot of hairstylist friends so we got a pretty good deal on hair.  As far as make up I had a friend that does make up and offered/did everyone make up for free as a favor/gift for all of us.
    What is ur gift to them?
    I am a full time student and was on a strict budget so I got them a small gift bag full of girile stuff.  I got them body spray from Victoria's Secret, a small purse sized hand lotion from Bath and Body, a nail file, and one of the purse size hand sanitizers with the little purse attachment from Bath and Body as well.  (They all loved their gifts.)
    All of my bridesmaids were friends.  I am an only child!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_lets-talk-bm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:e93e77b7-23e7-41a2-ad4f-870b454d2edaPost:604c4753-aa33-490f-95b4-3c56b5598001">Re: Lets talk about BM</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently that's a popular dress!  I've seen pictures from 3 other weddings on facebook with the same dresses!  And my sister has a good friend that is getting married one week after me...same dresses in the same color!!
    Posted by sarahbeth_01[/QUOTE]

One of my BM's has worn the same style in two other weddings but in different colors.  She will have quite the collection after my wedding! 
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    How many are you having
    1 moh, 2 moh's, 3 bm's & 1 JBM
    I don't plan for them to would like them all to be purple but styled for each of their bodies!
    Do their shoes match?
    Don't plan for those to either depends on what they like as long as they are the same color!
    Not sure yet!

What is ur gift to them?
    Not sure yet!

MOH is bff
    MOH'S sister& aunt
    BM's my two sisters & FI's sister
    JBM Fi's daughter
  • edited December 2011
    How many are you having

1 MOH and 3 bridesmaids

We haven't ordered yet but they will all be Bari Jay chiffon in 'Tulip'
    Do their shoes match?

I will give them each a heel option or flat option so they are comfy.  They will all be the same color though.

Kind of- My MOH is a hairstylist so she will be doing my hair and her own.  Then I am paying her friend a lump sum (but a discounted rate because she is a friend) for everyone else.  They both have training in makeup artistry as well so they will also be helping with that.
    What is ur gift to them?

I am giving my MOH a Coach wristlet, I haven't figured out what to give the other 3 BM. I need to think of something they would really enjoy.

They are all friends.  2 from HS and 2 from college
  • edited December 2011
    How many are you having
    6 including the MOH

Yes, they all match. I didn't plan it at first but changed my mind. They're Kiwi and are by Alexia Designs.

Do their shoes match?
    No, I told them as long as they were brown and dressy and not boots/clogs I didn't care. 

Only their hair, not their makeup.

What is ur gift to them?
    So far I've gotten them each a VB wristlet and a body scrub from Etsy. I also plan on getting them a necklace (not WR) and something else...just not sure what yet. And my MOH is getting a Coach wallet/skinny since her FI just recently bought her a larger wallet - darn him! haha

Only 1 is family and that's FSIL :) The rest are really good friends from high school and college.

Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    How many are you having4
    Do their dresses match?  what color and where did u get them?Yes (their decision) they match, clover green from Alfred Angelo
    Do their shoes match?Probably not, I told them to find whatever shoes they want
    Are you paying for their hair/makeup?Hair no, makeup yes
    What is ur gift to them?Each get a personalized tote bag filled with goodies they each like (different for each person)
    Are they all family or are they friends too?Friends (like sisters) and FI's sister
  • Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many are you having
    6 bridesmaids which includes 2 matron of honors - I wanted more but my FI cut me off...
    yes they match - they are eggplant with ivory sash, Bari Jay from Bridal Extraordinaire

Is it just me or is this a really awkward position?!?

Do their shoes match?
    No, they can wear whatever they want

Probably not, I paid for half their dress.
    What is ur gift to them?
    Still looking! I haven't really decided yet... but it will be awesome!

My 2 sisters are both bridesmaids and the rest are friends
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen - yes way awkward. Lol! Sometimes I hate how they pose models in such unnatural positions. I don't need to know how the dress looks when I stand that way because I'm never going to stand that way!

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many are you having
    5 (hopefully, 1 may be too pregnant or recently have given birth)

not sure yet.  they will all be wearing black, but I'd like them to be able to pick out different dresses.  I may have a dress maker make them from 50's patterns I found on etsy.

Do their shoes match?
    No, they can pick out their own shoes.  I don't want a row a clones following me around all night with completely matching attire on!

Probably not, but I'm not going to require them to get their make-up done and I will find the best deal I can for their hair.

What is ur gift to them?
    I'm doing a vintage Hollywood glam theme so they are getting vintage frames with a pic of us, a pin-up girl wine glass, gloves & sunglasses for pre-wedding photo shoot, and some sort of bag to put it all in.

I have 4 friends and my cousin
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many are you having? 5 bridesmaids (including the MOH)

Do their dresses match?  What color and where did u get them?  Yep, they all match. They are Alfred Angelo in pistachio with a pool sash. I love them so much I offered to buy one from one of the girls after the wedding!
    Do their shoes match? No, I just asked them to wear white ones. Although, Sarabeth, I love your suggestion for dying them! I figured it'd be too expensive, but I may look into it now.

Are you paying for their hair/makeup? They're paying for hair.  None of them plan to have their makeup done professionally. I didn't have any requirements around hair so they can do their own or pay to have it done.

What is ur gift to them? Little pocket mirrors in the wedding colors with their initials on them in rhinestones, white jewlery boxes with a space for a picture, hand made glass-bead bracelets to wear for the wedding, and the best part is the decorated Lolita wine glasses I picked out individually for each one.

Are they all family or are they friends too?2 high school friends, 1 college friend, 1 post-school friend, and a cousin.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_lets-talk-bm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:82Discussion:e93e77b7-23e7-41a2-ad4f-870b454d2edaPost:652f24b5-507c-4311-8bb9-40a1063687ef">Re: Lets talk about BM</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many are you having? 5 bridesmaids (including the MOH) Do their dresses match?  What color and where did u get them?  Yep, they all match. They are Alfred Angelo in pistachio with a pool sash. I love them so much I offered to buy one from one of the girls after the wedding! Do their shoes match? No, I just asked them to wear white ones. Although, Sarabeth, I love your suggestion for dying them! I figured it'd be too expensive, but I may look into it now. Are you paying for their hair/makeup? T hey're paying for hair.  None of them plan to have their makeup done professionally. I didn't have any requirements around hair so they can do their own or pay to have it done. What is ur gift to them? Little pocket mirrors in the wedding colors with their initials on them in rhinestones, white jewlery boxes with a space for a picture, hand made glass-bead bracelets to wear for the wedding, and the best part is the decorated Lolita wine glasses I picked out individually for each one. Are they all family or are they friends too? 2 high school friends, 1 college friend, 1 post-school friend, and a cousin.
    Posted by kwagner1211[/QUOTE]

As far as dying the shoes, just get a big stock pot, fill it with hot water (stove on low to keep it hot), dissolve the dye, and let the shoes soak for an hour.  I repeated the process 3 times per pair because I wanted pretty dark pink shoes.  They're not perfect, but they look fine and SO much cheaper than having it professionally done!  Check Payless for dyeable shoes on clearance!
    Sarah & Craig
  • edited December 2011
    How many are you having
    1 MOH and 4 BM's

Yes, they are Alfred Angle Syle 7002 and the color is Eggplant
    Do their shoes match?
    Nope - they are wearing a black heeled shoe - they don't have to match each other
    I haven't decided - I paid for 1/2 of the dress for everyone and would like to pay or hair & makeup not sure it is in the budget plus not all of them are getting their make up done professionally. 
    What is ur gift to them?
    Necklace for day of, makeup case/travel bag, victoria secert's body wash, and for the MOH a gift card to her fav restaurant.
    2 of the BM's are my Sister's.  The rest are friends
  • edited December 2011
    How many are you having
    1 MOH and 5 BM

Yes, sage is one of my colors and they had it in Celadon which is pretty close.

Do their shoes match?
    The dress?  No.  I am also telling them to just buy silver flats.  I don't care if their shoes all match each others.

Nope, I picked a hairstyle that is really easy so they are going to help each other out.  They are also doing their own make-up.

What is ur gift to them?
    We paid for half of their BM dress and I am also making their jewelry that they get to keep.  We are also having their toasting glass engraved with their name.

MOH is a friend, 2 sisters are BM, and another 3 friends are BM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards