New Hampshire

Plus size brides

Anyone know of a good place in NH to look for a wedding dress for a plus size bride?

Re: Plus size brides

• edited December 2011
    Marry and Tux! That is where I got mine and they had a great selection of gowns in all shapes and sizes.
    Anniversary
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Picked out my dress at the Modern Bride in Bedford and they had a good selection of sample dresses in a variety of sizes, (and can order them in plus sizes too).
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at Modern Bride as well and they had some plus sizes.  Not all the samples are available in plus sizes, but most of them can be ordered in plus sizes.  Marry and Tux also had a good selection when I looked there.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • mlhw NHmlhw NH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Marry and Tux had a good selection.  I ended up finding an awesome bridal salon with a fabulous consultant at Andrea's Bridal in Rochester, NH.  Terry was able to put dresses on me that weren't necessarily my size, but we were still able to get a feel for what they would look like on.  She called it paper dolls!  HA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I  know that David's Bridal had LOTS of dresses in all sizes and styles, and both Marry and Tux and Modern Bride had some as well.  
    Anniversary
  • MrsScotty1011MrsScotty1011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried dresses on at Marry and Tux, but was able to order my dress for $50 dollars less through a local bridal salon. Marry and Tux was great, but in the end local won out. Good luck! I was horrified to go shopping, and in the end I fell in LOVE wiht my dress, and I didn't think it was at all possible.
  • MrsR0511MrsR0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actuallt didn't think Modern Bride had many choices for plus sizes. David's Bridal has the largest plus size selection but I ended up getting mine at 125 Bridal in Plaistow NH- they had a bunch and I loved what they had. Good luck!
    BFP 9/4/12 EDD 5/9/13 missed m/c 10/10/12 BFP 2/26/13 EDD 10/29/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • amyanderichamyanderich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I hear you Mrs.Scotty. I am not really looking forward to it either (i know that is a shame) but hopefully with these suggestions I will be able to find some good places that can work with a larger person.
  • edited December 2011
    I had better luck at Davids Bridal than at Marry & Tux. Granted both had great dresses but Davids had more plus size gowns to try on.
    Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    125 Bridal was horrible to me the woman told me I have folds!  I'm not that big but def wear a "plus size" dress (although really anything over a size 2 in wedding dresses is practically plus size).

I LOOOVED Country Bridals in Jaffrey NH and the dress I ended up buying at Natasha's Bridal was cheaper at CB (should have gone there).  Natasha's in Methuen MA was good to me, but I don't think the selection was that big they made a comment about one girl's wedding party being "off their charts" that I found a bit rude.

David's Bridal has a whole PS section.  One of my BM's was a size 30 dress and they had a decent selection for her.  Personally I didn't like the David's dresses but it's all in your taste and budget.

I also had them put the corset back in my dress.  It helped give me some shape.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards