New Jersey

Where to buy shoes?

I am looking for a place in North Jersey that has a big selection of dyeable shoes.  I would like to wear a dyeable strappy sandal so I can dye the shoes black after the wedding.  Any suggestions on where to go? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to buy shoes?

• altimat873altimat873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a diff spot, I found shoes I loved but didn't know where to try them on in person, I am also waiting for a swatch from my dress but my bridal shop only carried certain brands, she turned me to Rinaldi Shoes in Rutherford. They do dying there but not sure of what selection they have because I havent gone yet.

• mchristian05mchristian05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I will deifitely check them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    NYC Shoes in Parsippany have a huge selection of dyable shoes, also Exquisite Bride in Millburn has a great selection as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Almost every shoe in Davids Bridal is dyeable and the cost of the coloring is very affordable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One note: dyable shoes aren't really known for their longevity.  If they get wet (from rain, wet grass, spilled water, etc.), they may run.  So you may not get many uses out of them after the wedding.  If you want shoes that you can wear again and again, I'd get metallic shoes or shoes that are already colored.
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_buy-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:3e640043-c185-4162-9b64-d0854c351dddPost:557d8b67-ecae-4a64-a1c2-c1f1483b4d45">Re: Where to buy shoes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One note: dyable shoes aren't really known for their longevity.  If they get wet (from rain, wet grass, spilled water, etc.), they may run.  So you may not get many uses out of them after the wedding.  If you want shoes that you can wear again and again, I'd get metallic shoes or shoes that are already colored.
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]

Exactly this! We had dyables (brown) for my friend's wedding. There was snow on the ground and the color ran all over. My feet were brown and part of the color completely bled off the shoe. I say just get less expensive white ones, or a color you absolutely love. I got ivory ones from DSW for $40 and they were so comfortable that I had them on all night, and that is not like me.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mchristian05mchristian05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_buy-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:3e640043-c185-4162-9b64-d0854c351dddPost:557d8b67-ecae-4a64-a1c2-c1f1483b4d45">Re: Where to buy shoes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One note: dyable shoes aren't really known for their longevity.  If they get wet (from rain, wet grass, spilled water, etc.), they may run.  So you may not get many uses out of them after the wedding.  If you want shoes that you can wear again and again, I'd get metallic shoes or shoes that are already colored.
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]

Good point!  Since my dress is white...I figured white satin would look best.  However, I will see if I can find a nice light silver colored shoe with crystals or something.  I didn't think finding shoes would be such a task...lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hollywood Bridal or Model Bride in Chatham has awesome accessories and shoes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards