June 2012 Weddings

Show me your...

Cake toppers!  We haven't found anything we love yet, but I want to get this out of the way.  

Also if you got them from an etsy seller that you recommend, I would love to hear about it!
imageimage

Re: Show me your...

• FI liked this one from the begining. It is a true reflection of what FI likes to do. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got ours for Christmas! I was so excited!

• We aren't using a cake topper. We're having a plain white cake with flowers placed around it...I'm not sure if we'll have them on top or not.
  • I can't wait to see everyone's! I have noooooo idea what we are putting on our cake, if anything! Love the first two! :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The first two are very creative. I just wanted a G ( intinial of last name) on the top of the Cake. But I dont like the ones I see.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know what I wanted and didn't like most of the ones I saw so this is one reason why I am letting FI have his pick for this. Everyone will get a kick out of it I think.
    ETA: I hope I didn't come across as a bridezilla with this comment. I didn't mean to!

• This is what we are doing. We had our monogram made by an etsy dealer.... we are going to paint it navy and our cake will be all white, three tiers with flowers on top.

• I made mine. The etsy seller that I looked at for inspiration is no longer on etsy :( Her stuff was beautiful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_show-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f74ec9d8-d7c2-45bd-a881-d5cbcbd200aePost:c9574da4-871c-44a5-8c1d-75ad87b228e8">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't know what I wanted and didn't like most of the ones I saw so this is one reason why I am letting FI have his pick for this. Everyone will get a kick out of it I think. <strong>ETA: I hope I didn't come across as a bridezilla with this comment. I didn't mean to!</strong>
    Posted by Ash61612[/QUOTE]

<div>I didn't think that at alll!</div>
  • We are having strawberry shortcake, so no cake topper.
    Although, all of these are super cute! Kind of makes me want a cake topper just for fun :)
    A+K
    "Be who God meant you to be and you will set the world on fire."
    --St. Catherine of Siena
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_show-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f74ec9d8-d7c2-45bd-a881-d5cbcbd200aePost:80a72273-fcff-4275-aea8-50bd31c0b4fc">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your... : I didn't think that at alll!
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

Me either! :)
  • We are having a flower cake topper. While I think some of the other cake toppers are cute they just weren't us. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our cake topper is a rhinestone monogram letter "D" for our last name.  I love it!
  • edited December 2011
    I love all of these!  Ash yours is too funny, and I don't think you sounded like a bridezilla at all!

Jess: Yours is so perfect for you two!  Awesome gift!

Chelsea, which etsy seller did you use?  I really like that one!

Nik, you did an awesome job making that!  So cool.
    imageimage
  • We aren't doing a traditional wedding cake, so no topper. Ours is going to look like a crawfish boil and each memeber of the wedding party will have their own cake crawfish. We live in Pensacola, love New Orleans and both went to LSU. We met watching LSU football with our local Alumni chapter.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_show-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f74ec9d8-d7c2-45bd-a881-d5cbcbd200aePost:fd4366eb-3e53-4295-a1e9-c6f6b23bff08">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love all of these!  Ash yours is too funny, and I don't think you sounded like a bridezilla at all! Jess: Yours is so perfect for you two!  Awesome gift! Chelsea, which etsy seller did you use?  I really like that one! Nik, you did an awesome job making that!  So cool.
    Posted by Shanee18[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/TrendyTrimmings" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Trendy Trimmings</a> <--Clicky
  • We're doing a little bundle of roses on the top of our cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning more towards just the flowers that will be in my bouquet for the topper. My florist will supply them to the bakery.

FI left the entire cake decision up to me. He just doesn't want anything too "girly" or cheesy so I figured flowers might be the best bet. And, they won't cost any extra so I'll save some money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Love the baseball one!  We're having flowers to top ours....and between each layer!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_show-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f74ec9d8-d7c2-45bd-a881-d5cbcbd200aePost:e27d6b24-47c9-4ae5-8bbb-436916f7f071">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your... : Trendy Trimmings <--Clicky
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you!  What I love about this is you could totally repurpose it after the wedding to hang on the wall or something!  </div>
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_show-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f74ec9d8-d7c2-45bd-a881-d5cbcbd200aePost:c21805af-c2f4-46c8-9a0d-a9f736613cd1">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show me your... : Thank you!  What I love about this is you could totally repurpose it after the wedding to hang on the wall or something!  
    Posted by Shanee18[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! That is why we went this route :)
  • We're just having pink calla liliies on top.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_show-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f74ec9d8-d7c2-45bd-a881-d5cbcbd200aePost:aaaa6d8f-c6bb-4a9a-8353-6e27a30f8a0d">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love the baseball one!  We're having flowers to top ours....and between each layer!
    Posted by MichelleAG05[/QUOTE]

Thank you! We're huge Reds fans!
  • tyleet87tyleet87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have NO idea. I really don't like any of the ones I have seen anywhere. I am on the lookout for anything French.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • doeie04doeie04 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_show-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f74ec9d8-d7c2-45bd-a881-d5cbcbd200aePost:92ed212a-a597-419d-a217-7672cf157617">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We aren't using a cake topper. We're having a plain white cake with flowers placed around it...I'm not sure if we'll have them on top or not.
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

We are doing this also.
  • I'm in the process of making ours.  It will be two birds about the size of a fist.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_show-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:f74ec9d8-d7c2-45bd-a881-d5cbcbd200aePost:ae27b62c-8194-4309-b1b8-d53bdebc7ec2">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our cake topper is a rhinestone monogram letter "D" for our last name.  I love it!
    Posted by ashlyn2208[/QUOTE]
    Where did you find yours? This is what I want to do for ours, but I haven't been able to find one that I like.

Right now we are having purple roses on top of our cake and I would like to add a rhinestone monogram "C" to place in the middle of the flowers.

• I only got one complaint it doesn't look like us (fiance is a redhead, i'm a darker brunette) but it's the only one I love and I do love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards