July 2013 Weddings

need advice- regarding a venue email

i sent an email off to a specific venue.  its now been a week and no answer.  the question i had wasnt going to require much research for an answer.  how long is a good period of time to wait before sending another email back stating this is ridiculous to wait and im in no longer need of services based on email response

Re: need advice- regarding a venue email

• After a week, I would send a polite follow-up email stating that on X day, you sent an email asking Y, and it has been a week and you have not heard back yet. If you are no longer interested in using that venue for whatever reason, I just wouldn't bother contacting them again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks :) this is the second time she hasnt gotten back to me in timely manner lol  
  • i sent her another email stating been waiting a week for info lol
  • Good job. My venue is the same way...sorry to hear about this. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • this isnt even my venue this is a choice lol this is a second chance for them cause at beginning of venue looking i sent off for info never got anything back.  got a call from the venue stating would love second chance so i thought maybe last cooordinator left abruptly so i gave second chance. 

im not a patient person but i do wait a few days since lot of weddings or days off.  a week is a lil much.  IMO. 
  • I found that I made a lot of calls and sent out emails, but I was surprised at the percentage of people who wrote back or followed up. For example, I sent out requests to about 15 photographers, and only heard back from about 6 of them. That does narrow down the choices for us! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_need-advice-regarding-a-venue-email?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:e38d82a7-d3c2-4cb8-a7d8-15d5759fc261Post:50f7e481-a895-4bab-a96d-d43b80ecb14d">Re: need advice- regarding a venue email</a>:
    [QUOTE]this isnt even my venue this is a choice lol this is a second chance for them cause at beginning of venue looking i sent off for info never got anything back.  got a call from the venue stating would love second chance so i thought maybe last cooordinator left abruptly so i gave second chance.  im not a patient person but i do wait a few days since lot of weddings or days off.  a week is a lil much.  IMO. 
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Huh... that is unprofessional of them IMO, especially since <em>they</em> contacted <em>you</em> and specifically asked for a second chance. I would probably not be interested in working with them anymore and move on. And I agree with you... a week is definitely pushing it. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At first I was thinking maybe give then another chance... but now that you say they contacted you and asked for a second chance.....Yeah..that's enough..Clearly they're giving you a clear picture of how they are going to be with everything else. Which venue is this...PM me..I really wanna know
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards