Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Music during cocktails/dinner for an iPod wedding?

Hi there. My fiance is putting together a songlist for our reception, and the genre is going to be mostly classic rock, with a little country thrown in there. However, I'm wondering what type of music we should play through cocktails and dinner, since I feel like it would be weird to play a lot of that stuff while people are eating. Any suggestions?

Re: Music during cocktails/dinner for an iPod wedding?

• graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also doing our own music. I don't know what kinds of songs you like to suggest some in particular, but one thing that has helped me is the local library. I get tons of CDs there, listen to them, and copy those that I like. If you are morally opposed to that, then you can at least find songs to download. I have gotten a HUGE variety of music and it helps me find stuff that the guests will also like. 
    Photobucket
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just my opinion, but dinner music should be a bit calmer than dance music

We will have the DJ play a movie soundtrack with appropriate dinner music. The 2 I have are "Something's Gotta Give" (mostly French music, with some classics thrown in), or "No Reservations", which is some operatic music with other things thrown in. The music then "flows" from one song to the next.

This way he can set it up to play while he does other things, and he can eat.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on using a lot of crooner (Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole) and low-key blues-y music during dinner. It sets the mood, it fits perfectly for a wedding, and it's music that people can eat and talk over. If you like country and classic rock, look for some slower Bob Dylan, Lynard Skynard, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, CSN&Y, etc, to play. Anything that's nice but easy to ignore is good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards