Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Traditional Matted Photo Albums

Has anyone ever made their own matted photo album? I've found a few online sites that offer this option using the slip-in mat pages. Just wondering if anyone has ever done this and what their experience was with it. In looking at the pricing, it seems to be cheaper than going through our photographer...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Traditional Matted Photo Albums

• edited December 2011
    No but my parents have them.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I *think* I did what you are talking about.  I designed a professional quality album through Somerset Albums.  The review is in my married bio.
  • edited December 2011
    Some photographers still do exactly that.  They order the mattes and then slip in the photos.  Just be mindful of the quality of the prints you get to put in the mattes.  If you are just getting them at CVS or something like that, your photos are very likely to fade much more over time.  Your album should be something that will stand the test of time.  So if you are going to do this yourself, be sure to get the images printed out on archival quality paper, and see if you can get a lustre coating on them.  This will help prevent fading over time.
  • Apollo1378Apollo1378 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom has a fat wedding album in her living room that's extremely heavy -- instead of an album, I decided to try and use a company to design and print my wedding photos into a hardbound, dust-sleeved book that's printed on thick paper.  The final product came out BEAUTIFULLY.  I cannot recommended more this company and their photobooks!One of their website samples is here:  http://photo-ops.com/weddingbook/wedding.html E-mail them at hello@photo-ops.com.  They have the sweetest people working there, and I cannot be happier with them!!!!  I ordered more copies for my parents and close friends/family! ~J 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards