Military Brides

Vow Renewal Question?

My husband and I just got married on August 4th 2012. The wedding was very much rushed and lots of pressure from our parents to do it before I left for deployment, which I'm not gone..We got to spend a three short weeks together as "newly weds". I hated 90% of my wedding day, and now i'm away from him for a year. Since we haven't really started our new life together and we wont be until i'm back next year would it be to soon to do a vow renewal ceremony? I feel like this is one of the hardest tests of our marriage that we can go through, being apart for a year. And it'd give me the chance to have the wedding of MY dreams. No attendants and no gifts though,just a chance to finally start our lives together. Would it be a dumb idea to do this when I return?

Re: Vow Renewal Question?

• In Response to Re:Vow Renewal Question?:[QUOTE]My husband and I just got married on August 4th 2012. The wedding was very much rushed and lots of pressure from our parents to do it before I left for deployment, which I'm not gone..We got to spend a three short weeks together as quot;newly wedsquot;. I hated 90 of my wedding day, and now i'm away from him for a year. Since we haven't really started our new life together and we wont be until i'm back next year would it be to soon to do a vow renewal ceremony? I feel like this is one of the hardest tests of our marriage that we can go through, being apart for a year. And it'd give me the chance to have the wedding of MY dreams. No attendants and no gifts though,just a chance to finally start our lives together. Would it be a dumb idea to do this when I return? Posted by karic89[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it will be dumb exactly but is it something you want to plan long distance? What exactly did you hate about it too? Do you just want to have a huge party with everyone? I know long distance planning can be done but it is a pain in the ass. Maybe wait until after you get back and see what you want to do? At least sit on it for a few months and decide if spending the money will be worth it. Focus on being married and getting through this year and then see how you feel. I feel that this is all to new and rushed for you right now to make a decision. Congrats on your marriage though!
  • I agree with GGirl... Not dumb, but maybe really hard and stressful on you. Think about it for a bit, but if you still really want this, then go for it!
  • Personally, I don't understand vow renewals when it is so soon after getting married. Aren't your vows still fresh a year later?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Why did you let your parents pressure you into getting married? That's ridiculous. As long as you don't lie to your guests you can do whatever you want but yes, a little more than a year is too short, in my opinion, to have a vow renewal. Personally I think vow renewals should only be done on milestone anniversaries but it's your time and money being put into planning a party so it's up to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards