Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Antigua? Barbados? any recommendations?

Hello ladies,
so we are looking into our honeymoon spot.  We are looking for an AI hotel (would prefer an adults/couples only but that is not a priority).  The most important thing is probably great weather and amazing beach!  We are looking into going to Antigua or Barbados.  Any other places/suggestions are welcome!  We are looking to somewhere in the Caribbean.  We are not looking to go visit Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, St. Lucia or Bahamas.

TIA!

Re: Antigua? Barbados? any recommendations?

• Options
    We had out HM in Barbados and stayed at Crystal Cove.  We loved it!  Barbaods is beautiful, and safe enough to go around on your own.  There is a good amount of British influence there.  There is one AI there that is adults only I know of, Almond Beach Club & Spa.  Friends of ours satyed there a few years ago and loved it.  Definitly stay at an AI if you go there, Barbados is expensive.

I never been to Antigua, but everyone I know who has been there loved it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions:)
    Anniversary Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Antigua is amazing, especially if you are looking for awesome beaches. They have 365. We stayed at Cocos Hotel which is couples/adults only and AI. You get your own cottage and the views are spectular. The water at the beach is an insane color! Check it out!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options

My brother and his wife just came back from an anniversary trip in Aruba at the Bucuti & Tara resort.  They were actually looking at some of the Sandals properties and our travel agent recommended it to them.  They really enjoyed it.  I've never been to Aruba, so I can't offer any insight, so maybe try TripAdvisor.  Otherwise, we have a great travel agent who is super knowledgeable about the Caribbean if you are interested- just PM me.

Good luck

• Options
    We went to Barbados for our HM after our original plans got canceled twice because of hurricanes. We stayed at the Crane which was very nice. However, PPs are right; an AI is good because the island is crazy expensive. Plus, try to stay on the side of the island near South Coast or Bridgetown or West. We wound up renting a car because cabs were $100+ each way. PM me if you'd like more info. Its gorgeous there!
  • Options
    We were considering Cocobay resort in Antigua before finally deciding on hawaii.  It's an adult only AI and looks amazing.  The reviews were good too.

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards