Florida-West Coast

PostCard Inn St. Pete Beach or Chart House

Has anyone used The postcard inn on St. Pete beach or been to a wedding at this location ? I need some info on it... Does any one have pictures or a bio or the ceromony or reception? Was it hard for you to get information?   

Same thing with the Chart House??

or any other venues recomendations in this areas that is fun and something more than a ballroom? Lots of Windows and Romantic for a small wedding of about 30?

Thank you

Re: PostCard Inn St. Pete Beach or Chart House

• live4agdlive4agd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've just started looking for locations in St. Petersburg/Tampa myself; for a small wedding as well.  These are places that I've looked at (online) and will be considering: Suken Garden, Rusty Pelican, and Jakes Grotto.  LIke I said, I have JUST started to look.  I am not sure if I want outdoors or not, I do know that I do not want a beach wedding.  I hope this helps.  Let me know if you find any additional locations.
  • lokimaulokimau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the charthouse in sarasota has an amazing view and a very large balcony. i have seen some very gorgeous weddings done there and they are very flexible and will work with you with anything you need :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    live4agd , There are tons of beach venues in the St.Pete / Clearwater beach area. I guess it depends on your budget. However, there are lots of Resorts. I am not a big fan of resort weddings myself. However, I was also considering  Bilmar Beach Resort, Saftey Harbor Beach Resort, Lido Beach Resort, Dion Cesar (expensive) , and Grand Resort. There are tons of resorts and more to continue. LOL Ya its super hard planning a small wedding because some of the food and beverage mins are really high. If you find any others let me know too :) Its is stressful lol. Are you stuck on the Tampa Bay Area or are you looking at other locations for a beach wedding. I have seen that other are interested in Sandbar and the beach house. Those are further south. I am not a big fan of the outdoor reception in Florida, beacuse it really hot. Do you live in the area?
  • HappyMrsKHappyMrsK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I havn't been to a weding there but I've stayed at the Postcard Inn once last December when we were in town for the holidays. I was not impressed, but we stayed there because it was one of the few places on the beach that allows pets.

It is bascially an older motel that they have updated to look modern. It is right on the beach, which is nice and it has a nice little courtyard area they decorate nicely with some lights hanging from the trees. The lobby looks cool with a beach/surfer theme, and all of the rooms have been decorated similarly.

The hotel is basically a horseshoe shape and all of the guest rooms face the courtyard/pool area. The rooms all are exposed to the outside, we had trouble opening our door several times during our stay. Plus, the ac in the room wasn't working. Which given it was December wasn't a huge deal, but I would never stay there in the warmer months.

The BBQ place that it's attached to has great food.

I know they have a room you can rent out for a reception, but I don't know what it looks like. If you are planning an outdoor wedding on the beach, this may be an option. However, if you wanted to get married in the courtyard, it would be in front of all of guest rooms.  I would not recoommend staying there for for your wedding night as the rooms are not that great.

Another issue we had, was that apparently there are some bars right next door that blasted music all night, and it was quite loud. Also, the lobby plays music starting in the morning that we could hear in our room. That was annoying. But if your'e just having a wedding there, this may not be a problem.

It was pretty dead when we stayed there over Christmas, but I would imagine it's a lot more crowded now that it's warmer. I think this hotel falls under the "putting lipstick on a pig" category.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks HappyMrsK! Thats alot of info. I was planning on getting married on the beach and then having the reception at the BBQ place. It seems to be super hard to get info the lady that works there is not that awsome. That really helps Thanks.  
  • Klee426Klee426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You want lots of windows you should check out the Grand Plaza right down the street from there.  My BFF is getting married there and she only has 25 people.  I can't wait!!  I'm doing most of her planning for her so it feels like it's my own!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards