New Jersey

Reasonable Quote for a Wedding Band

We are just starting to look into bands to play at our wedding reception. I would like to have 5-7 pieces, and a band with a good repertoire.  We are looking at the Joe Caroselli band http://joecaroselli.vpweb.com/ and "The A Band" http://www.theabandmusic.com/ but I have not gotten any quotes yet. 

I would like to go in with a good idea of what a band should cost. Any help is much appreciated.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reasonable Quote for a Wedding Band

• It can be just about anything.  I'm not familiar with those two particular bands, but I would guess $3k - $7k as a broad range.
  • My sister used JK Band, who were phenomenal and they cost about 8k, but she had the full 13 pieces. My cousin also used a different band and had all 13 pieces and hers cost 13k. I've decided to go with a dj because this is way out of my price range. Check out JK band, they will probably be in your price range with the amount of pieces you want. I cannot stress enough how great they were. They sang Flo Rida and sounded exactly like him! LOL
  • That's my general understanding, too; about $1000/band member.
  • I would guess between 5-10K.  We paid 5,500 for our 5 piece salsa band.
  • My band is about $6,500 for 7 pieces.  My sister's band was $8,000 (after she negotiated down from $10,000) for 9 pieces.  Think about how much you want to spend and then shop around to find something in that range.  There are a lot of bands around, so definitely compare bands to see what they are giving you for the money.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We didn't negotiate, as the previous poster said.  We thought that their prices were pretty much set in stone.

We had quotes ranging from $5-7,000 for 6-9 piece bands from entertainment companies.  Also, don't forget other expenses, such as tips and meals (the more band members, the more meals!)
    We decided to add an extra band member, an extra half hour...and it all adds up!

If you want to opt for bar bands, their quotes were in the $4000 range.  But make sure  they have insurance if your reception hall requires it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_reasonable-quote-for-a-wedding-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:50007471-4eaa-4035-9fae-4dafa9b71939Post:940510ed-f157-48b5-b03d-7e2d677d2ef5">Re: Reasonable Quote for a Wedding Band</a>:
    [QUOTE]My band is about $6,500 for 7 pieces.  My sister's band was $8,000 (after she negotiated down from $10,000) for 9 pieces.  Think about how much you want to spend and then shop around to find something in that range.  There are a lot of bands around, so definitely compare bands to see what they are giving you for the money.  Good luck!
    Posted by sh228955[/QUOTE]

<div>Would you mind sharing the name of your band? How did you find them?  Thanks!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used Drop Dead Sexy, which is a South Jersey cover band, and they were really reasonable: $5,500 for 7 members, some of which played dual instruments.  They have a great song list and are amazing to work with.  I can't recommend them enough.
  • Hi! I am using Barry Herman - Fantasy - Sat night in the summer (I say this b/c I think it is less on certain nights and certain times of the year) They are 10,000 for 10 pieces- I also priced the Silk Band -Time Machine Entertainment and they were the same so I think Cinderella30 is right- about 1000 per person.
  • We are using Soul Revival, they also played by best friends wedding last year, and they were phenomenal!!  We hired their 8 piece band and paying around $8,000 but I do know they can have a smaller version of the band b/c my friend had only 5 pieces as she had a much smaller wedding.  Which helps with the budget also.  Here's their info if you want to contact them: www.soulrevivalband.com
    Best of luck!
    Courtney
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards