Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Ceremony Organist

Hey ladies!

I am looking for an organ player for our wedding ceremony.  We have a beautiful organ in the chapel, it would be a shame not to use it!
The problem is that I'm on a budget, and not only can I not find someone to play, I've been having trouble finding someone to play that is within my price range.  I really don't want to spend too much over $100, which I know is very low.  But if anyone knows of any organists please let me know!

Re: Ceremony Organist

• Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd try checking at the university music department, but I'm not sure you can get someone for that much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Michelle Van Geest from Thornapple Community Church in Cascade. My wedding is in three weeks but it is not at the Thornapple Church. So she is willing to play outside of her church and travel a bit to another venue. I was having the same difficulty as you and ended up putting an ad on Craigslist for an organist in GR. She was the only person that responded. She's very good, knowledgeable, and a very nice lady. And she's done many weddings. I don't exactly remember what her price is but I think it is around $200. Maybe she's willing to negotiate with you on the price. I'll be posting a review of her and everything else related to my wedding in a few weeks if you want to check back to see how it went. So far, she's super! Good luck!
  • Options
    akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steve Jenkins is an extremely talented musician based out of Holland. He can play the organ; as well as piano, guitar, and several other instruments. You may want to check him out. He quoted me $125 to do my ceremony music; but then he ended up being unavailable for my date. Steve was my choir director and music mentor growing up, and he is wonderful.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards