African American Weddings

Flowers.....

i am currently obessed with peony's 
i am thinking i am going to use various shades of silk peony's of pink and purple and white for my BM and my brooch bouquets 

but what flower for the fellas? i know my FI does not want a huge peony on his lapel 

what flowers are yall using.... 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers.....

• Well I LOVE THEM TOO.. But..... they aren't available in Vegas in July... So we are using "garden roses" when they are at full bloom they look as close to peonies as I can get... The men are having a pink rose bout.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_flowers-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ea5acf0c-6b45-4ecd-bff4-2f228b7f10d1Post:0aefba31-0a30-43d0-b650-62ac17363b6b">Re: Flowers.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I LOVE THEM TOO.. But..... they aren't available in Vegas in July... So we are using "garden roses" when they are at full bloom they look as close to peonies as I can get... The men are having a pink rose bout.
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

<div>humm thats an idea thanks</div><div>i am doing silks so wont sneeze </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nursing2unursing2u member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
  • thanks 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVE PEONIES TOO! But since they are high as the dickens in November....using Garden Roses in my bouquet. GM will have sweetheart rose bouts.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • look what I found!!!

maybe not all the baby's breath or the pink ribbon... But I LOVE the flower
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using white roses and baby breathe. But FIs bout will be fake, as he gets hay fever. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • i was just looking for some mini peonies over the weekend to add to gm bouts. can't find any :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • tash.. would the garden rose work for you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_flowers-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ea5acf0c-6b45-4ecd-bff4-2f228b7f10d1Post:bebb7c21-7259-4d94-afab-2d0ec084d9cb">Re: Flowers.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]look what I found!!! maybe not all the baby's breath or the pink ribbon... But I LOVE the flower
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]<div>ooh thats cute.... </div><div>
    </div><div>yeah i know peony's are a spring flower they were my grandmom's favorite... </div><div>i like the garden roses too... they might work for the groomsmen</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>thanks ladies you all rock.... </div><div>

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • is a garden rose the pink one you posted? i wanted mostly loose petals for a "backsplash" so to speak. my bouts look like this: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bouquet-part-2-pip
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • YES.. the pink flowers are garden roses.. and you can always use the petals
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love Peonies too but they are not in season for my wedding.  So right now if I am going with the flowers that will be in season for my wedding then I am considereing Dahlias, Roses, and Hydrangea.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Island.. that's y I'm doing garden roses..BUT.. I STRESSED that they Have to b in full bloom...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards