Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Save the Dates!!

So I FINALLY think I settled on a design for my STD's!! After extensively searching online, I decided to DIY my STDs. I came across this photoshop template online and FELL IN LOVE! I am *hopefully* going to carry the desgin through to the actual invites (I have decided to DIY the invites too - YIKES!)

But the actual STD is going to be a 4x8 card front and back - I am going to tie some sort of twine or ribbon around the top and attach a photostrip that I designed of a few of our E-Pics to the card. I still have a little work to do on the filmstrip... I think I made it too thick and I am also going to alter the 'pearl' strip a bit. I may change the pics too but thats pretty easy to do... Overall, I think it go with my theme well (vintage garden type theme) and am super excited! Besides the few adjustments to the filmstrip, I just have to get them printed now and they'll be ready to go!! So - here is the design!

Re: Save the Dates!!

• edited December 2011
    Ohh, I love the design! They look great!
  • edited December 2011
    They look beautiful!  I'm sure you can tie it all together, invites, RSVPs etc.

DIYing your invites makes it that more personal and you can enjoy all of the compliments from family/friends! 

I think in the end, my invites will cost $1.66 w/o postage.  Much less expensive than having them printed!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are gorgeous!  I love your vintage garden theme.  So so pretty!  How did you learn Photoshop?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meg - I know what you mean! I just can't seem to find anything that I love... and the invites that I like are $6-$7 PER INVITE! That will get SO expensive! This way I can keep the price down and have a design that I love!! By the way I LOVE your invites!! I was so busy at work yesterday I couldn't post but they look great! :)
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - Thanks!! Well, I was forced into teaching myself photoshop in design school. We were expected to render our final drawings for our thesis project in photoshop so we all got together in our studio and taught eachother what we knew! It was a long, slow process but def worth it!!  It's my ABSOLUTE fav program! You can do so much with it!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think the photo strip is unnecessary and takes away from how beautiful the STD is.
    Hope this doesn't come off as mean. Just giving you my honest opinion.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I love the STD design, it's very pretty!
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    G those are so pretty!  They look fantastic!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    How are you printing them?  I love them, but I'm just curious. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bri - I'm not entirely sure yet - my mom said she knew a few places (print companies) that we can take them to... she's going to research it for me b/c I'm out of town and we were going to go from there. I was going to mail them out mid-july so I still have a bit of time to figure things out and get them done! But as of now, we were going to take them to a print company.

***EDIT**** I also forgot to add that my FBIL works in the IT dept at collages.net... He said he might be able to get them printed for me at cost which would be FABULOUS! He's checking into it for me!
  • edited December 2011
    there is a print shop in Greensburg that a knottie works at that I bet would do it!  I have her contact info and can check into if you need me to!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bri - ohh that would be great if you could give me the info!! DEF worth looking into!! :) Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    you have a PM with her info!
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks bri!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards