New York-Long Island

Photographer's Park Ave Studio / Millimeter / Fleur De Lees

We are signing our contract tomorrow with West Sayville Country Club for Dec 2012. The house photography vendor is Park Ave Studio; we have a friend who got married two years ago who absolutely detested the entire experience with their photographer and has strongly advised against going with them. The manager at West Sayville seemed shocked when we shared what happened at their wedding, but insisted they are only recommended not required. We have two other photographer's we are interested in (Millimeter and Fleur De Lees), but are now curious to know if perhaps their wedding photo results were just a result of misunderstanding.

Price wise; we just received a brochure, does this seem reasonable for the LI area, or too high?.  This package is listed at $4,195.
1 10x10 Digital Album w 70 images
2 5x5 Duplicate Digital parent albums  (oh the joys of having divorced parents and having been raised by grandparents, I'll need to speak to them about two more of these.)
1 12x18 Portrait
1 5x7 for everyone in the bridal party
125 Thank you cards and envelopes
Engagement Shoot with 11x14 Portrait
High Resolution CD Edited Images
All Images Posted Online

So, if you could briefly explain your experience or any wedding's you have attended that used Park Ave Studio, and if you know the cost, share that as well. If you happen to have attended a wedding that used Millimeter Photography or Fleur De Lees, please share those experiences as well. We are aware that at over a year to go, this is early to worry about, but we are planners and hope to lock in 2011 prices for 2012 at the end of the summer. :) Thanks in Advance!

Re: Photographer's Park Ave Studio / Millimeter / Fleur De Lees

• edited December 2011
    you do not have to use the house vendor, and i also would not suggest park ave...i have heard some bad things on the boards. my photog is doing a comparable plan for me but it is for a bit more. you get what you pay for.

best.
    karen
  • R.WilsonnyR.Wilsonny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with Fleur De Lees.....she is doing the photography for our wedding next month and she is truly amazing, super nice, easy to work with, and very professional. She has a great eye and will get the best shots. She goes above and beyond to make you happy.

How do I know this?

We just had our engagement shoot with her 2 weeks ago and the pictures I´ve seen so far came out amazing!

Here's the video montage she put together for us so you can see for yourself:

http://animoto.com/play/tDF7uoAV0GFr2AZDWMUhlA

Highly recommend Fleur de Lees....good price and top notch service :)

I absolutely cannot wait to see what she does for our wedding....
  • dbkb2012dbkb2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw your engagement shoot on facebook, absolutely wonderful. Congratulations!  We are strongly considering her and Millimeter Photography, but not in a rush to reserve as our wedding will be December 8th of next year. :)  Thank you though, and I look forward to seeing some of your wedding shots as well. I've been going through her albums slowly to see her style.
  • R.WilsonnyR.Wilsonny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you :)

I really am so happy that we picked her....she really has such a great eye for photos and has gone above and beyond already. I went through her albums on fb before even contacting her and really loved her style. Plus for the price she is charging, it is more than worth it! 40 days to go until my wedding and once I get back the shots, I'll put some up here.

Happy planning for you :)
  • krisnacckrisnacc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    really im shocked to hear that my cousin used park ave and they were so nice we had no complaints.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards