Illinois
Options

Outdoor Wedding Seasons

I am trying to plan when the best month to get married in for an outdoor wedding. I am located in central Illinois about an hour maybe hour +half from St. Louis. Our anniversary for being together is Sept. 8th and I was thinking about that date but I am not sure if that is good or not for weather reasons. We would be getting married on my parents farm on hill over looking the pasture.  Any help?

Re: Outdoor Wedding Seasons

• Options
    You should be fine in September.  If you get to late into September it might get a little chilly but it should still be fairly warm in the early weeks.  July and August are way too hot so its a good thing you are doing September.
  • Options
    There are risks with outdoor weddings no matter the season. It could be unseasonably hot or cold, rain, be extremely windy, etc. We attended a wedding in mid-Oct. that was in the high 70s in IL, and then one in late May that was in the 40s and we were shivering taking WP pics outside. It really is that unpredictable.

I think early fall (like you have planned) is as safe as you can get if you want mild weather. My big suggestion is to have a back-up plan for an indoor ceremony in case the weather does not cooperate with you, as well as an indoor back-up plan for photos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards