Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Friday Confessions

Re: Friday Confessions

• edited December 2011

I'm really slacking on getting a married bio and a for sale bio going.  I have a lot of tea light/votive holders and candy buffet items clogging up my parents basement and I think it's going to be another month or so until I can get it going!  Ugh!

I also have 2/3 written reviews sitting on my desktop that I need to finish.

I'm still into weddings and am eagerly jumping in to help other friends plan theirs.  I thought this would go away? lol

My sister and her family are moving back to PA and it  makes me want to back up and do the same thing even though I know it's not  the right move for us. 

• edited December 2011
    Im completely over wedding planning/organizing/preparing. I just want it to be done at this point. Im really jealous of BP right now.
  • edited December 2011
    I wish FI wasn't so freaking indecisive when it comes to the planning. I could get a lot more accomplished in such a quick amount of time , or juts in general, if I weren't waiting on him to make the final decision or give me the final OK/veto.

I was doing awesome with my diet until last night after consuming about 8 cookies. Go me.
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-confessions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:4bff0a3b-4d1d-4268-b042-a54c2507398bPost:1f05e8f2-7f8e-4ef5-86b5-a2a3cc07bd70">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im completely over wedding planning/organizing/preparing. I just want it to be done at this point. Im really jealous of BP right now.
    Posted by candkmc1021[/QUOTE]
    Ahh, I felt that way a month ago. The last 6 weeks is what went by the quickest for me, so don't fret! And trust me, don't be too jealous as I broke out in a full body stress hives last night. Super attractive! I suppose I'm stressed? I feel just excited...

I confess that 85 and sunny Mexico is looking better to me then the wedding day.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Cand... but I still have 6 months!

I confess I'm only at work today because I'm waiting on a promotion/job offer and hope I hear something today... otherwise, I would have stayed in bed.

I confess I don't want to spend money on invitations... thats the only thing I've been legitimately cheap on so far.
  • edited December 2011
    I have never read The Catcher in the Rye.

I have heard about 5 pregnancies in the past week. I am convinced there is something in the water!
  • edited December 2011
    I rec'd a response from a couple we invited that are notorious for not showing up to things without any explanation. They responded yes and in the back of my mind, I was hoping they would say "no" just so I didnt have to worry about the no show.
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I am sick of my FMIL trying to make this bigger than I want and I'm sick of her 'dissapointed' looks when I say no to unecessary things that I just don't want.
    I confess that I think it's absolutley ridiculous to spend a ton of money on a bunch of different dessert tables when a) most people wont even eat it  and b) there are people who have lost everything in Haiti/Katrina and it's selfish to think it's okay to spend thousands on a 'international coffee bar' instead of donating to those who have nothing.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    This may get flamed.. .but I'm over the Haiti thing. I get it was awful what happened, but there are countries FAR WORSE then Haiti, and no one bats an eye. With all the Genocide going on, and the lack of food/water in other places... it really bothers me that America took SUCH A STAND on this, and just overlooks all the other places in the world that REALLY need help.

I also confess I didn't donate to Haiti relief, I donated to other organizations instead.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do agree BP that there are countries far worse  (just using it as an example to say there are more important things than 4 different dessert tables)

I'd rather her spend her dessert table money on donating to a friend of mine who is in cancer remission and is running in a race to raise money for cancer research  
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    Jesster - That wasn't even an attack at you, it just reminded me of how frustrating it is getting. And I'm not going to say we skimped so I could donate the rest, because we didn't, but we do make sure we put quite a good bit into donating.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries BP ....didn't take it as an attack :)

(more of the stress comes from FMIL getting annoyed that she isn't in control of this wedding like she was when her daughter got married...so when we told them they could add on a dessert (bc they feared the cake, and dessert varieties Normandy provides wouldn't be enough)- we assumed they meant one thing- like a chocolate fountatin...and instead she wants to go completely overboard! --and if they wanted to give money to the wedding, we would glady pass over the cost of the officiant or my dress ;);)
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    Hahahaha. Oh geez! good luck with that!
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm really annoyed (still, after 4 years) that my job does not send out W-2's until the very last second.  If they're due at the same time EVERY YEAR, why do we not prepare for them and have them out the door right after the new year, instead mailing some time between January 27-31st???????  I want my money!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-confessions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:4bff0a3b-4d1d-4268-b042-a54c2507398bPost:3ca42c5c-5956-41cd-9797-3421c9f64f6d">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm really annoyed (still, after 4 years) that my job does not send out W-2's until the very last second.  If they're due at the same time EVERY YEAR, why do we not prepare for them and have them out the door right after the new year, instead mailing some time between January 27-31st???????  I want my money!
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]
    They have to send all their payroll crap to a company to do said W-2's. If the payroll company they use do them, they go out quicker then if they send it to their accountant. And depending on how many other clients said accountant has, can determine when the W-2's are even sent to them....
    Trust me, who ever is preparing the W-2's are just as annoyed as you for having to get them done last minute!
  • edited December 2011
    C&D- YGPM :)  I will gladly help you out with taking some stuff off your hands!

MiguelHilary- I have a couple of places in DE that are known for being very affordable for invites.  One has a fantastic reputation.  If you want them, let me know.

Confession:  The baby bug has bit me, and hard.  God I want one soo bad.  And the fact that I have found several case studies that say Spinal Cord Stimulation is okay to use during pregnancy makes me want one even more now.

Confession:  I am ready to cut my guest list, and cut out family.  They are all acting like idiots, making nasty comments and such, and we had to cancel my bachelorette party because my b!tch of an aunt threatened to make the night a living hell for me (which my sister, who planned it all and is currently unreachable out of the country on study abroad for the past month and doesn't get back for another week, is going to be PISSED about).  I am tired of dealing with the bullsh!t and the fact that none of them are happy for us.  I have friends I want to invite who are very supportive of FI and I, but can't because your ungrateful butt is taking their seat.  I would rather them be there; they care.  Etiquette, I hate you.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I wish my mother had a mute button.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-confessions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:4bff0a3b-4d1d-4268-b042-a54c2507398bPost:543253a8-3c94-4fc5-aba3-887c68aae719">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I rec'd a response from a couple we invited that are notorious for not showing up to things without any explanation. They responded yes and in the back of my mind, I was hoping they would say "no" just so I didnt have to worry about the no show.
    Posted by candkmc1021[/QUOTE]

<div>I would be so embarrassed if this was my rep.  I don't get not caring/ being that rude.</div><div>I'm sorry Cand, I wish they said no.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I am counting the days until FBIL and GF move out.  They moved in for a few week in JUNE!  I can't wait.  
  • edited December 2011
    so i was really bummed about not having my w2 yet and i found this link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4714661_file-income-tax-return-w.html?a=flag

it's basically instructions on how to file w/o a w2.  now i know what i'm doing tonight - my taxes.  blah.
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess I just ate an entire bag of skittles for lunch... now i'm moving onto milk and girl scout cookies

I confess that I half wished it would snow so I wouldn't have to go looking at venues tomorrow with mom and FI - I want to stay in bed and watch crap on TV
  • edited December 2011
    Instead of being at work in a cubicle, I should really be in the gym running HARD to get out some aggression.  I'm about to explode!  Only 1.5 hours to go... lets hope I survive without getting my butt fired.

BP - My company prints thier own W-2s!  They just check, and tweak, and re-check everything (because our systems are prone to errors).  Not to mention that this was a pay week, so they also had to print paychecks and schedule deposits.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm thinking of booking a videographer without tell FI.  He's really worried about money, but I've been saving more that I let on because it wasn't until recently that he realized that weddings cost a decent chunk of change.  Plus he just missed two days of work (stupid stomach bug).  I'm so stressed, I work one full time job, plus I tutor, babsit and clean an office on the side for extra money.  In March I'll be starting a part time job on top of that, plus I'm taking 3 Grad Coruses, so I feel if i work my butt off that much I deserve to treat myself to a videographer, I even told him I already had the money for it.  UGH

I confess that I'm thinking of quitting my job in March, because I could make me seasonal Part Time job full time, and there I'm the manager, so I make my schedule and I won't be stuck with the crappy hours I have now.  I know I shouldn't complain because there are many people out there without jobs, but I'm so annoyed with my current boss.  When I started I was part time because I was still in college, so I couldn't work mornings, but when I graduated, I took over for someone who was leaving, but instead of getting her hours I was still the last one there I just came in earlier.  Well I asked a long time ago to work earlier because i have so much going on a night not getting off til 630, wasn't working anymore.  So they said I could, but only one person was in front of me to change hours.  I asked today and now there are two people in front of me but they just hired four new people??  On top of that because I'm the last one there still if parents are late to pick up kids the next day I have to take a longer lunch so I don't get over time ... why not let me leave early and make someone else stay.  The part time people have been leaving before me when we're all scheduled until the same time.  UGH...
    So needless to say .. I think in March I'll be rethinking my current employment.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I went into that bridal salon in ardmore that was "advertised" earlier in the week on the board.  It's a minute from my work so I just wanted to check it out.  I laughed (out loud) when I walked in and the girl at the front desk was typing a post on the knot.  I did look around since I was there and lets just say, I will not be getting my dress nor my bm's dresses there.  Also, the place was completely empty.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I wish that I had a won the lottery so I could just not worry about money and school... I wish I also received the call today that said I was hired for the VA hospital...  I hate this economy!
    Anniversary
  • Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i confess....  i hate people at work who do NOTHING  and never get in trouble.   My co-workers and i do the same job, ne does noooothing but is a brown noser so gets away with it.  (im sorry but no matter what itd  do, i could never brown nose to get my way).. if i dont like you, i wont be bitchy, but definitely wont be up ure but so far that youre chocking on my head!  I work in special Ed and confess some days i wish certain kids would never come back.

I confess that the bf is feeling a lil obverwhelmed with us preparing to get married, have a big move down to PA, and try to save money, while thinking about houses...  I wish he wasn't b/c it doesn't look like we'll be buying a house if it doesn't get easier.   I understand, they are all BIG decisions and life changes, a bit scary for me too honestly but i think it'll be HARDER if we move down there, and then have to move again in a yr or so when we decide to buy. 

I confess.. i'm peeing all the time, a co-worker said i might be prego, so i took a test tonight and i broke it.  Only me.

Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Play getawayPlay getaway member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess, i know someone very well who recently won the lotto, and already got the first installment.   i cant tell anyone, but i just want to say it b/c i'm so happy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards