New Jersey
Options

Vendor Anxiety?

Does anyone get anxiety about a vendor after they book them?

Re: Vendor Anxiety?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes. I did with each vendor. I think it is because of the money involved with deposits and such.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely. I think at one point I have second guessed every single vendor. There's just so much riding on it. But I know that we picked them each for a reason and that everything will be just fine.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutly.  The photog especially.  The photos are forever, but I speak to them every so often and go online and re-look at their pictures and feel better. Its ok dont worry.
  • Options
    oxox14oxox14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say I did not have any anxiety about my vendors. I prepared lists of questions for each vendor, so I was clear on everything. I love each and everyone of my vendors. I made sure I connected with them too. That was important to me...FYI I went with:

Venue- The Venetian
    Video- Fiore Films, Sharrone
    Photo- One Perfect Moment, Neil
    DJ- Dash of Class, Vito

If my lists would put you at ease and you would like too see them message me...I think I would have got anxiety if I had concern about any surprises...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, I didn't -- but that's how I knew I picked the right ones.

Except for the limo maybe... I feel like it is hard to find a limo company that is 100% not shady.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So far not really, thankfully! Maybe a little with the DJ, but I think they were still a good choice.

The venue was a great choice (The Westin Governor Morris). We went with them anticipating that their level of service would be higher and so far it has been.

The photog I haven't thought twice about. I knew when we left our meeting with him that it's who we wanted. We both felt that way, so we knew it was right.

Now on to decorators (a big deal for Indian weddings)...
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If I had anxiety about the vendor, I didn't give them a deposit. I also prepared and overprepared everything from schedules for the day and lists of how I wanted things to be handled. What are you anxious about?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I get anxiety because there is so many vendors to chose from.  I research every vendor I meet with.  I also have a list of questions fo them.  But still there are so many....... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, the best you can do is ask for recommendations from the girls here and then  vendors and make your best pick. It's a good thing there are a lot of choices because every bride wants something different. The best fit for you might not be the best for the next person. Plus I know it's overwhelming to make such a commitment to pay when you hardly know the person. You can always ask for references. If it's a florist, ask for a mock-up. Photographers can show you sample shots of weddings they've done. Research hopefully can help alleviate your anxiety
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did.  But I'm like that about everything.  As sson as I make a choice, I immediately begin to second guess it no matter how much research or thought I put into it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Only the harpist so far!!  Booked her based on reviews and never spoke to her.  (This was in my early planning stages!).  Luckily it's only for the ceremony and cocktail hour if it was a bad choice!  (I'm sure she's fine - I'm just worried about a single harpist being enough sound for an outside wedding).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tend to second guess everything, so yes! But I just ignore it. I know I picked great people.
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES!  and Thank God I'm not the only one.  When those thoughts enter my head I try to focus on the reasons I picked them and then I feel better.
  • Options
    PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't.  Still very early in the planning and we certainly haven't booked everything yet.  When I hire a vendor, venue, florist, photographer, etc., I want more than just a successful tasting or to see a portfolio of beautiful pictures.  I want to develop a sense of connection with the person.  I'm very focused on working with high quality individuals from a personality perspective.  If I've done a good job of that, then I know I can trust them and there's nothing to be worried about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards