Missouri-Kansas City

where are you...

buying ur wedding band from?

I feel like a mall jeweler will push the price way up.  I'm planning on going to Sams club this weekend and hopefully buying one there.  What abt you?

Re: where are you...

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got ours through my mom's friend, who owns a jewelry store. The friend owed my mom some money so she is giving them to us for free! :D

However, it's kind of ending up to be more hassle. She supposedly sent them weeks ago and they got returned, then she supposedly sent them again and UPS held them because she hadn't paid her shipping account bill in awhile. Oh, and she is sending my ring without the stones because she wanted me to make sure it fit next to my e-ring the way I liked it before she completely committed to it. So I'm glad I'm doing this now since I'm going to have to send it back to her and wait even longer.

But definitely try Sam Club - I went there the other day to casually browse and saw some pretty nice stuff for really decent prices. Also try bluenile.com or overstock.com!

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    I will second trying Sam's club and I totally feel the same about mall jewelers. Last time we were at Sam's they had all kinds of jewelry and the selection changes so if you don't find something now check back in a month or two.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at overstock.com and bluenile but wound up getting mine from a wholesale jeweler on ebay.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ryan's wedding band is from overstock.com (tungsten carbide) while mine is coming from where my e-ring did - it's a matching set. It's from a mom and pop place so it's not a chain, it's called Especially Jewelry in Independence. We absolutely love this place! They're great to their customers. 
    They closed a year ago to merge with another company but ended up re-opening a month ago bc a lot of their customers weren't happy with the merge (us included). It's why I got Ryan's on overstock. If they had been open I would've gotten it there.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where is Especially Jewelry now?  We almost bought my ring through Drennons (who they merged with) and liked them a lot.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My ring was my Great Grandma's, but I am having another band made to match hers at Gold-N-Design in downtown Lee's Summit.  They do great work for a reasonable price.  As for his, probably overstock or ebay.  He just wants a plain, black ceramic band.  It's going to get beat up so I don't want to feel bad about the money we spend when we have to replace it :)
  • edited December 2011
    Opieslady - Here's the website that has the address

We got my ring before they merged and went to go check out Drennon when they did for Ryan's wedding band and mine and the service just wasn't like it was at Especially. Just going into EJ once and they remembered our names, they are sooo friendly and hospitable. We love it there.
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having a wedding band, but I got FI's at Helzberg because they were the only place that had the style and metal I wanted.  I spent more than he wanted me to, but it's probably the only piece of jewerly I'll ever buy him aside from a necklace he sometimes wears, so I figured its worth it!
  • edited December 2011
    We got our at Zales during during their big Mother's Day sale so we got a great deal.  Sam's is good idea though, they always have good deals!
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our rings at Shane & Co. I'm not sure if there's one in KC, but it's a large jewlery store not in a mall but with good prices.
  • edited December 2011
    We got ours at Meierotto in North Kansas City. They were really great to work with and have a lot to choose from in different price ranges. 
  • steffydollysteffydolly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Helzberg. My rings are super nice, and I can trade up if I feel like it within the next year or so. I figured they are local to KC and I can have them cleaned and fixed anywhere in the country.

I got FI's brushed titanium band on amazon for 15 bucks. It looks as nice, if not nicer, than any of the rings in any of the stores we looked at.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

We got my ring, band, and FI band from Ultra Diamonds.  They are simliar to a mall store but they have great prices and their diamonds come from Canada.  I really like the lady we worked with and their selection changes every couple of months.  I love my ring and my FI loved his band too.  I've also looked at CostCo - they sometimes have jewerly too.  HTH

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards