Attire & Accessories Forum

what kind of shoes with floor length chiffon dress????

My wedding is october 6th (neither summer or fall yet in the midwest) and i am having a hard time trying to decide on shoes for my bridesmaids. thoughts?

Re: what kind of shoes with floor length chiffon dress????

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_what-kind-of-shoes-with-floor-length-chiffon-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:3ef583fe-eeec-4e70-91b8-9f420c076469Post:3b478294-3157-43f8-9e49-1ce4731641dc">what kind of shoes with floor length chiffon dress????</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is october 6th (neither summer or fall yet in the midwest) and i am having a hard time trying to decide on shoes for my bridesmaids. thoughts?
    Posted by brittw86[/QUOTE]

Just let them wear whatever shoes they want.  Pick a color that is neutral or that they would already have in their closets.  Nobody is going to notice them anyway, especially with a floor length dress.  If you do insist on a particular shoe, then get ready to spend some money because at that point, it is your responsibility to buy them.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I was planning on buying the shoes for my girls. there are tons of great shoes under $100. i just cant figure out what kind of material :(
  • My girls are wearing a matte satin shoe dyed to match the color of their chiffon gowns.   They chose the shoe and I am fine with it. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I'd say let them pick.  Unless you want a picture of all their shoes, in which case pick a shoe that makes you happy.  It's not a big deal since with long dresses, no one will see the shoe.  Maybe just decide on a neutral shoe, like nude, silver, or gold.  Or you could match the shoes to the dress.  As long as you're paying for the shoes if you make them get a certain shoe, then just pick whatever you want.  It'd save you money to just go with a neutral color everyone already owns and let them wear a shoe they already have though.  None of the guests will notice or care about the bridesmaids shoes that they won't see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards