California-Los Angeles

intro and venue help

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie at the message boards, but been lurking for a while lol. I'm trying to plan for my wedding on 10/1/11. Still trying to figure out these message board controls and features. I hope to get lots out of reading your posts and I hope that whatever I post will be helpful.

So here goes my venue questions... I am looking for a reception venue that would be affordable for about 150-200 guests. I'm pretty open to location: SGV, SFV, West LA, Long Beach... anywhere around LA county. Any suggestions?

I have started looking at websites and I found the venues listed... Any experiences with these venues?
-Occidental College
-Altadena Town and Country Club
-Airtel Plaza Hotel

Thank you :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: intro and venue help

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations and Welcome!
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi And Welcome =)
  • edited December 2011
    whats your budget like?
  • edited December 2011
    What's you budget like? Our weddings are near each other mine is 11/11/11
  • edited December 2011
    Clarke Estate lets you bring all of your vendors.  I don't know how close this is to your location, and I've never been there myself, but I've heard of people getting married there.

Also check out the Los Angeles Arboretum.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • folshibabyfolshibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome <3 not sure how much your willing to pay and if you want to bring in your own visitors etc. ill try to help once you post more info. but try Long Beach Museum of Art. thats where our venue it. Good Luck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimageimage

my bridal-girly picture blog http://notyourordinarybride.tumblr.com

• RizzWeddingRizzWedding member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the welcomes and greetings :)

my budget is 12,000 max for the food and venue only. I live in the SGV, but open to having the ceremony/reception anywhere between SGV and Long Beach. It will most likely be around 150 guests and I am open to hiring my own vendors/caterers if I can find a place that does that... it really doesn't matter to me, just as long as I stick to the budget. Looking at people's posts, I am also considering having a Friday night wedding now instead of Saturday night to save money. It is not set in stone yet, we were just really hoping to shoot for 10/1/11. We are also looking to marry in a Catholic Church, but not sure if they do wedding ceremonies on Fridays? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DeniseF7DeniseF7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd get the Church lined up fast as they have alot of requirements. Check out La Canada Country Club. I saw photos from there recently and they have a lovely view in the evening. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards