Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Shipping the herd to VoF ceremony- any tips?

I know- 2 questions in 2 days...

So the wedding company quoted me $700 to transport 20 people to the valley of fire and back (4 hours turn around time). And didn' t state if it's just a boring old shuttle bus or something half decent. Can I rent a shuttle bus in Vegas and have someone drive it for less? Or any other options would be great. The package includes 8 person limo, and I'm shooting high at 28 guests.

Ps: Im moderately surprised more vendors don't fish these boards, it could be a business gold mine (or disaster if they do t deliver!)
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Shipping the herd to VoF ceremony- any tips?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of anyone renting a shuttle bus and driving it themselves. There are a lot of other companies in vegas though that have shuttle/limo buses that would fit your guest list that might offer you a better price than the wedding company.

Vendors aren't allowed on the boards, that doesn't stop them from having accounts and reading what gets posted.
  • Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_shipping-herd-vof-ceremony-tips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:742d7c8b-6f3c-4e77-b010-2cae8d8d87c3Post:46d78cf9-f39e-4f85-b5d2-b852ef737542">Shipping the herd to VoF ceremony- any tips?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know- 2 questions in 2 days... So the wedding company quoted me $700 to transport 20 people to the valley of fire and back (4 hours turn around time). And didn' t state if it's just a boring old shuttle bus or something half decent. Can I rent a shuttle bus in Vegas and have someone drive it for less? Or any other options would be great. The package includes 8 person limo, and I'm shooting high at 28 guests. Ps: Im moderately surprised more vendors don't fish these boards, it could be a business gold mine (or disaster if they do t deliver!)
    Posted by ambrose132[/QUOTE]

Google "Las Vegas shuttle bus," call the ones that show up, and ask them what they would charge.

Vendors are forbidden to post on the Knot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well that makes sense- lol. I've googled a few sites and sent emails. Here in Canada u can rent he shuttle buses to drive yourself pretty reasonably.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But who would drive the bus, a guest?  You need a special class of license to drive certain sized vehicles and you need one that seats 20. 

I'm with PP's, call the shuttles that come up.  You may be stuck with the transportation that they are offering. 
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking ino shuttle companies/transport vehicles yesterday. Lucky Limousines had the BEST prices and friendliest sales staff. They have a shuttle that will hold up to 28 people and it's $83 an hour with a 2 hour minimum. I spoke with Ryan... might give them a call. Call 1-877-546-6861 tell them you need to speak with someone about group sales.
    Till Death Do Us Part or Gabriel Blows His Horn... Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $700 seems a lot for 4 hours. ost I have been looking at (shuttle buses) run under $100 an hour. If it is a limo bus then that is still expensive but a bit closer to the actaul prices i have seen or been quoted.

Here are some of the companies I have contacted recently:
    Earth Limos
    Bell
    presidential
    AWG
    Celebrity Coaches
    VIPNVegas
    Lucky limo
    Mammoth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards