Michigan-Grand Rapids

Wedding Dress Alterations

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions/thoughts on where you are getting your wedding dress alterations and the average cost? I ordered my dress from Becker's Bridal, and since they don't do alterations there, I've been looking around. I ordered my dress a bit late, so I'll only have about 6 weeks for alterations. If anyone has had experience with tight schedules, that would be great too. Thanks!

Re: Wedding Dress Alterations

• When I ordered from Becker's they gave me a sheet of referral alteration places, I chose Ha Alterations based on them being the closest to me and it was great!  Not sure about the tight schedule, especially with this being wedding season but you can always call and ask.
  •  I actually did a test run with Ha Alterations since they were the closest location on Becker's Bridal's list. I brought in a short casual dress which needed alterations. They said that it would could be done in a week. On the evening that it was supposed to be ready, they called me and said that they would need another day. They were really nice about it, but it still makes me a little nervous considering how tight my schedule will be. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_wedding-dress-alterations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:fa87164d-4b7f-4671-bbdb-0411afd22e32Post:94650709-2b95-45ee-810e-475c0cf55633">Re: Wedding Dress Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE] I actually did a test run with Ha Alterations since they were the closest location on Becker's Bridal's list. I brought in a short casual dress which needed alterations. They said that it would could be done in a week. On the evening that it was supposed to be ready, they called me and said that they would need another day. They were really nice about it, but it still makes me a little nervous considering how tight my schedule will be. 
    Posted by MandyN07[/QUOTE]

<div>Ah I see, maybe tell them you need it a week before you actually do? :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd be more worried about quality of work over time table, they seemed flexible when I was there.</div>
  • A Perfect Fit on 29th Street does great work in a nice shop.  I used it for MOB dress alterations last year and was very happy.

in Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_wedding-dress-alterations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:fa87164d-4b7f-4671-bbdb-0411afd22e32Post:45569479-5a97-406d-976a-5a7273ac0553">Wedding Dress Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was wondering if anyone had suggestions/thoughts on where you are getting your wedding dress alterations and the average cost? I ordered my dress from Becker's Bridal, and since they don't do alterations there, I've been looking around. I ordered my dress a bit late, so I'll only have about 6 weeks for alterations. If anyone has had experience with tight schedules, that would be great too. Thanks!
    Posted by MandyN07[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards