Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Favor Suggestions?

We had favors chosen, but have had to change our venue, and they will no longer be appropriate.

Our menu includes a pastry table that includes Cheesecake, Assorted Tortes, Fruit Tarts, Creme Puffs, Eclairs, Brownies, Baklava, and Fresh Fruit.........in addition to our wedding cake.

I know that edible favors are the most well received, but I think sending the guests home with something sweet may be overkill afther the pastry table? 

Any thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favor Suggestions?

• Favors are not necessary.  If you want to do something, I think people will still enjoy something edible.  You could do a non-dessert, like nuts, jam, or mini bottles of wine.  You could also have boxes available for guests to take items from your pastry table home.
  • Maybe to-go boxes for the desserts?  As much as I love dessert tables,  I am usually too full from dinner to enjoy them.  Plus at a wedding, I want wedding cake.  But I would love to take a dessert home to enjoy later.
  • Oooh the boxes are a great idea. I think the pastry table is an amazing idea, and guests will love the option to take some home.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_favor-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:b070dda7-bdd6-456b-a106-d994ed22922fPost:c900a6bf-3498-4e1a-ac8e-25b2838efb49">Re: Favor Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Plus at a wedding, I want wedding cake.  But I would love to take a dessert home to enjoy later.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

This exactly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards