Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Resolutions/Goals?

I'm off tomorrow and probably won't be on TK, so I figured I would start this post.

Do you have any new years resolutions?

Or, if you don't believe in resolutions, what are your 2011 goals?

Re: Resolutions/Goals?

• edited December 2011
    Mine is to be more invested in my friendships. When I have a lot going on in my life, I tend to back away from everyone else.
    I really want to lose 40-60 lbs, but I'm not setting myself up for disaster by making it a resolution. I'm simply going to the gym more, and throwing out the hershey kisses in my desk drawer.
    I also want to be completely debt free (minus my car) by 2012. I don't have too much, but it's enough that it's annoying and ruining my credit. If I stay on the track I set, I'll be done paying everything by June. I'll be broke until then....
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    my goal is to try and make it to the gym 3 times a week.  and i will TRY to not have such champagne dreams on a beer budget.   try is the key word =(
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     - Be healthy.  Good eating, working out, doc appointments, etc.
     - Enjoy life... aka stop worrying/stressing/controlling things
     - Save $$ and pay off debts.  1 student loan and my car loan are done this year, but I'd like to pay them off early.
     - House hunt later in the year :)
     - Take 2 vacations, even if they're just small ones.  I need to disconnect more often.
     - Find a new job that I'm happier with
     - Be a good wifey :)  Work on relationship (and relations) with hubby.
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Goals:

-Get back to my wedding weight
    -Get a job!!

That's really it.
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011

Change my friggin name.

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_resolutionsgoals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:fa437329-7751-48d4-b7a4-d64ae46c036ePost:23e08678-f632-41c6-9f55-b31f61334403">Re: Resolutions/Goals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Change my friggin name.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

Such a slacker!
  • edited December 2011
    I won't call them resolutions because I am not good at "keeping them". My goals are the following:

-Get in shape! I have 2 photo sessions (BPic and TTD) this spring and am desperately needing to get back on the wagon. Really, I just need to stop snacking and stick to my Pilates routine.

-Re-visit the job search and hopefully get on track for something better than what I have now.

-Try to be more optimistic and less stressed out. I tend to see the glass as half empty and I am trying to work on that.

-Hit the ground running with my jewelry business and make some extra vacation money.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    dude, I know.  It' s a mix between not ready to not be my maiden name and just REALLY not wanting to go to the DMV.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    goals

- Live a healthier life style. Cook every night, gym at least 3 nights etc.

- Get back into saving instead of spending. The wedding depleted my savings account.

- Job search.

- Look into MBA programs, although I just want to go back to TU

- Read more. Working 3 jobs last year really put a damper on my reading!
  • edited December 2011
    - cook more at home (which shouldn't be too hard... I have a new Nigella cook book that I'm dying to try!  I heart Nigella)

- actually go to the gym.  can't exercise if you don't go...

- drink more.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Goals:

- Get healthy... eat better and be more aware of what I'm putting into my body.  Need to cut back on caffeine, alcohol and sugar. (just cut BACK, not out. I'm not crazy.)

- Find something to work towards that challenges me.  I'm flirting with the idea of signing up for a triathlon again.  I trained for one in 2009 and it really pushed me physically and mentally.

- Do more yoga.

- Read more.  I'm tempted to do one of those "50 in 2011" or "111 in 2011" challenges.

- buy a house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_resolutionsgoals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:fa437329-7751-48d4-b7a4-d64ae46c036ePost:797c06a1-dc03-477f-8b7d-e5d575c8f0f7">Re: Resolutions/Goals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]- cook more at home (which shouldn't be too hard... I have a new Nigella cook book that I'm dying to try!  I heart Nigella) - actually go to the gym.  can't exercise if you don't go... <strong>- drink more.
    </strong>Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

I second this one. Bwahaha.

I'm guessing you'll mean water, but I'm hoping you mean alcohol.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Nope.  Not water.  I mean alcohol.  I'm having one of those weeks... (which is odd for a skeleton crew week) so as of right now...THAT'S my resolution. hahaha

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    cara- do you have a road bike?  my motivation last year was the MS City to the Shore bike ride.  It is 75 miles from Woodcrest,NJ-OC, NJ.  I knew if i didnt go to the gym I wouldnt make it.  Just an idea =) 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jackie--Delaware does one of those, too!!  It's Bike to the Bay?  It's a HUGE event in Delaware that's for our MS chapter.  You bike ride from Dover, DE to Rehoboth Beach... also 75 miles.  And some people bike BACK the next day... so 150 miles.  You can also do a 17 mile, 45 mile, or 100 century mile. 

The ladies at MS Delaware keep trying to talk me into doing the Bike to the Bay... and one of these days I'll probably do it.  I'll need a bike though.  I don't have one.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    we have the option to ride back the next day too  (are you nuts?!?!) haha

i highly suggest you do it!  we might do both the NJ one and the DE one *next year too.  i like these ladies who are trying to convince you, im getting on the 'convince RA bandwagon'.

its really not that bad, it took me and FI almost 7 hours to do it, we just went at good pace and didnt rush ourselves.  plus they have rest stops every 10 miles. 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    One of my coworkers did it this year and last year, and he's trying to convince me, too.  They did the 17 mile the first year... and this year they did the 45.  I think I'd have to start off small... haha

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't usually make a new years resolution, but this year I would say:

I'd like to get in better shape by lifting more, running a few more 5k, and I'd like to try a 10k later in the year. 

I'd also like to read more and take more time to myself.  I have so many vacation days, I just need to learn to take a day off and relax. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

RA & Jackie- We should do the DE ride and make a Knottie team. I'd be down for doing a bike ride. But I'm with you, Recovering, I need a bike. Or at least new tires. I think mine are dry rotted. And I guess a helmet. I don't ever wear one though.

Oh, and yay for drinking more alcohol!

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    Jackie - I have a hybrid bike that I got for the tri.  I couldn't do a road bike.  I would love to bike more, but to be honest, I SUCK.  I have no idea what I'm doing, how to use the gears, etc.  When I signed up for SheRox, I hadn't been on a bike in 20+ years and didn't own one. I got a crappy comfort bike that was horrible to train on, and only got my hybrid a few weeks before the race.  I'm not sure I could do a long ride!
  • edited December 2011
    paprika- i am 100% on board!  i got my bike of craigslist.  its a mens bike but the guy was really really short so it worked.  1700.00 bike or 650.  my friend actually rides a hybrid bike she got at target for $175.  works just fine =)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have a mountain bike I've had since I was 15. I haven't grown much, height wise, so it's still perfect for me. And it's the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. I guess  I should just aim for new tires. They're like $12 at walmart. I'm just lazy and don't feel like changing the tires. :D

I seriously would do this. And I know FI would be down for it. He used to ride his bike all the time.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Get closer to my wedding weight (and do this by committing to go to the gym 3x a week minimum)

2.  Stop picking at my cuticles.

3.  Flip a house (this one I may give myself till the end 2012 to complete though and just make 2011's goal to be to buy said house not complete the work/sell it)
  • edited December 2011
    oh oooodssieeeee-  paprkia and i can help you with number 1 =) see PPs
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_resolutionsgoals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:fa437329-7751-48d4-b7a4-d64ae46c036ePost:e546dc39-4f27-48b9-b340-76ef26b85fc4">Re: Resolutions/Goals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]2.  Stop picking at my cuticles.

I ditto this.  I'm really horrible about this.  I've been doing it since I was a kid.  By some miracle of willpower, I was able to stop long enough to have nice fingers for my wedding, but then it was all over.  Half the time I wear bandaids. :-(

If you come up with a way to stop, please let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    Jackie - I love bike riding.  DH and I ride by the canal all summer, 15-20 miles a day.   I could definitely try this!

Cara - I have a bandaid on as we speak.  and I barely stopped for the wedding, I think I didn't pick for like 3 days even though I meant to stop for a month to clear up my skin for photos.. I suck.
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_resolutionsgoals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:fa437329-7751-48d4-b7a4-d64ae46c036ePost:200631db-8c5d-4bc8-8707-a59b46e8a149">Re: Resolutions/Goals?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Resolutions/Goals? : [QUOTE]2.  Stop picking at my cuticles. I ditto this.  I'm really horrible about this.  I've been doing it since I was a kid.  By some miracle of willpower, I was able to stop long enough to have nice fingers for my wedding, but then it was all over.  Half the time I wear bandaids. :-( If you come up with a way to stop, please let me know.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem.  I am worried they will look like crap at the wedding. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    As soon as I get acrylic tips, I stop messing with my skin/cuticles.  Otherwise I bite and pick.  Maybe get a manicure weekly or bi-weekly so they cut the cuticles?

• edited December 2011
    my goals are to:
    - get back to my wedding weight, aka stop eating everything in sight!! My goal is to come up with a food plan for 2 weeks, go shopping and cook it. I did great on WW before... 23 lbs by summer would put be under my wedding weight and in shape for summer :)

- finish changing everything over to my new last name... I am waiting for settlement to do this, no sense it going to the DMV twice! SS, and CCs are done! Just need license, registration, and bank account..
  • edited December 2011
    My cuticle problem began when I stopped getting acrylics a few years ago actually.  My real nails were thinner so it was way easier to pick at than with the acrylics on.  I do find if I get manicures more often I don't pick .. I just have to commit to going and getting them, and most times I end up slacking and waiting too long in between.  So maybe my new years resolution will be to commit to a manicure 2-3x a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards