Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Have pictures after wedding by different photographer???

I was very disappointed with our wedding pics.  I picked this gorgeous venue, Ranch/Winery, because I really was hoping for some amazing photos.   There were a few okay ones of us, but I was looking forward to the art of it.  I mean, you can't even tell we were at a winery, let alone a ranch.  Would it be weird for us to take pictures in a month or so, I don't want to get back in our wedding clothes or anything, since that day is over.  But I was thinking of wearing a cute white dress and having my husband dress a lil nice and having another photographer go and do a session at the place of our wedding.. What are your thought??

Re: Have pictures after wedding by different photographer???

• Options
    What you're thinking of is often called a "Wear it One More Time" or "Trash the Dress" session. New-wives actually *do* wear their wedding dress again. Sometimes the husband will dress up too, but usually he's in a more casual look. Some couples go to the beach (and into the ocean), a park, a horse barn, downtown in a city, or any other place. 

If you can afford it and your husband is in agreement, I think it's a great idea! Whether you wear your dress again or not is up to you. Don't forget to check out your local board for photographer suggestions!
  • Options
    So its not too strange huh? Lol  My husband knows I wasn't too happy about them, but we do have  a few of US that look nice, just not what I was looking for...  I acually have a photographer friend who said she'd do a session for us for a cheap price, and she does AMAZING work!!!  Her photos are like art.  I know she would capture the beauty of the vineyard I was looking for...  :)  The putting on my wedding dress is the one part I am unsure of... 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2012
    We did them (see siggy pic below) about 2 years after we were married.  I had always wanted to do what is commonly called here a "Bride and Groom session" but figured DH wouldn't go for it.  (I was very happy with our wedding pics, I just wanted to wear my dress again).  But we had an opportunity to do a session with a photographer who was mentoring a new photographer and needed "models." 

Normally a B&G session is done within the first year of marriage and you wear your wedding dress (minus the veil) and your husband wears a regular suit (which is what my DH wore).  It is not unheard of at all and is actually very popular here in Dallas.  Trash the Dress is a bit different in that in that case, you don't worry about preserving your dress and thus can do pics in the water, mud, etc.  I wore my hair different for our B&G pics and also wore different jewelry.

If you had a chance to do it, I think it would be totally fine.
  • Options
    I was thinking that, but my husband doesn't want us to get all dressed up again...  I wouldn't mind it, but just may feel kind of weird... BUT I did LOVE my dress...  I didn't want to take it off... LOL I'm glad that other people do this... I was thinking it was kind of weird..  :)
  • Options
    It's done for lots of reasons:  a chance to wear your dress again but without the nervousness of the wedding day; to makeup for shots you might have missed on the wedding day; to do something more artsy without worrying about protecting your dress; or to simply have more shots in your wedding attire in case you were rushed on the wedding day, etc.

Doing a regular photo shoot at the venue is a nice idea also.  There are no rules.
  • Options
    What you are actually looking for is called a "Do OVer" session. You both get all dressed up in your dress and tux/shoot and do your portraits again where you want. Alot of times if you had it at a venue they will let you use the grounds again. Or find an amazing spot and redo your portraits. You can do a trash the dress but if you do it probably won't be wearable for your daughter if you wanted to save it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards