Connecticut

Invitation Meeting

I have a bunch of ideas for my invitations and my planner is setting me up an appointment with her invitations person. I'm excited. I love the thought of designing my own one of a kind invitation.  I looked through some samples at the office and just love the pricing and the choices.  I know I don't want square because it costs more.  I'm trying to decide between the pocket folder kind or maybe just the invitation with all the other little add ons.  Should I bother with directions or do you think people will already know where to go due to GPS?

Re: Invitation Meeting

• kate1030kate1030 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not have an answer to your question (Although I would think GPS is appropriate these days) ..but I was just curious on how much you plan on spending on your invitations? I have been searching online sites and have a general idea of what I am looking for, but I would love to meet with someone locally. Who are you meeting with? Does anyone else have any suggestions on local ppl as well? Thanks ladies! Invites are one of the last checks off my list..
  • maxxwedmaxxwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm meeting with estoprints.  They are part of estoccasions but I know she provides invitations even if you aren't using the planning services.  I told them I wanted to stay within $2 to $3 an invite.  I looked online, the plain ones were around that price once I figured in shipping and all., it would be that price if not more.   The do it yourself at home kits worry me.  What if I put them in the wrong way, or the ink runs out in the middle of one, Foot in mouth or I will wait until the last minute and then rush.  This is why we decided to give her a chance to show me her custom work.

You can link by going to http://estoccasions.com and click on the estoprints part or prints@estoccasions.com   I think her office is in Norwich, but my planners is in Storrs.
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_invitation-meeting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:371cce99-105e-4caf-b9c0-fe8370ebbc1aPost:aab4de00-e7bd-4120-a53e-c013c4da727b">Invitation Meeting</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a bunch of ideas for my invitations and my planner is setting me up an appointment with her invitations person. I'm excited. I love the thought of designing my own one of a kind invitation.  I looked through some samples at the office and just love the pricing and the choices.  I know I don't want square because it costs more.  I'm trying to decide between the pocket folder kind or maybe just the invitation with all the other little add ons.  <strong>Should I bother with directions or do you think people will already know where to go due to GPS?</strong>
    Posted by maxxwed[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm sure most of my guests will be using GPS but I plan on including directions for 2 reasons: 1. There are still some guests that don't use GPS (especially older guests) and 2. My Church is a few miles away from the highway (back roads) so I think written directions will be helpful (with landmarks)- especially because none of my guests will be familiar with the area.  </div><div>
    </div><div>On the other hand, my cousin got married at a Church that our family (and bride's family) is very familiar with so directions weren't necessary at all and they didn't have any OOT guests. </div>
  • maxxwedmaxxwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good point.  The GPS or online directions is the battle we are having right now. LOL
  • edited December 2011
    I have met with Jess from ESTOprints because I use ESTOccasions as my planner. I really liked Jess, and though it is way to early to be ordering invites, she has already put together some stuff for me to look at. I really like her style and she really listened to what I had to say. I am impressed that she took time with me even though my wedding is so far away. Maxxwed - I know that you will really love the stuff she puts together for you - and her prices are great!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also assumed most of our guests have a GPS, but I still included a directions card in my invites, which wasn't too bad since we had everything at one venue. I included the address and then the directions as well coming from Hartford, New Haven/New York, or Boston/Providence. My parents still haven't gotten a GPS, my mom wants one, but my dad said he wants the adventure of finding stuff.. yeah we'll be getting them a GPS for Christmas lol.
  • cmmosley81cmmosley81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am writing directions because although I am having the wedding at Ocean Beach the GPS makes it a little odd when you are getting there. I think havign them made is so cute. I am using 123print.com. They are really reasonable and I have already recieved the sample and it looks so good.
    60 Invitedimage Attendingimage Declinedimage Not Repliedimage RSVP Date September 15, 2011 image
  • edited December 2011
    I would include directions. I think it's a nice thing to do- especially if parking is odd, or GPS makes it funny to get there.

I actually just got my save the date magnets back from magnet street and they sent an awesome book of the invitations they offer. I didn't even know they did that! I plan on meeting with MinuteMan Press (all over CT) to look at their options for invitations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maxxwedmaxxwed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls.  Last night we agreed to create the direction card. You all had great points and it will just be another cute thing to add in.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i definitely think you made the right choice including a directions card.  as for which directions to enclose, the best way to figure it out is to just suck it up and drive each route.  that's what we ended up having to do.  in the end, i gave our guests the longer, but easier route...and NOT the one that the GPS or online directions would give out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards