Connecticut

Langanke's Florist Shelton, CT

Has anyone used them or know about them for wedding flowers? I am trying to find a florist in my area (I live in Bridgeport) that is reasonable. I only need bouquets and stuff, no centerpieces because they are included with my reception. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Langanke's Florist Shelton, CT

• edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I used to work in Shelton and every time my boyfriend would send me flowers they would come from there. They have been in business for ages and everything I got was always breath taking, but I haven't seen their wedding flowers.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Acerulo,
    I have been raving about Karen at the Stop & Shop on Kings Highway Cutoff in Fairfield for a few weeks now.  I never in a billion years pictured myself using a grocery store for my flowers, but I'm the same boat, not doing floral centerpieces and needed a budget-friendly place.  She is fabulous...these are the prices I've gotten for roses, sunflowers & greenery...

1 Bride's bouquet - $75
    2 Bridesmaids - $65 each
    2 JR Bridesmaids - $30 each
    10 Boutonnieres - $8 a piece
    5 Corsages - $20 a piece
    Comes in at under $500!  There is an $80 delivery fee if you can't find someone to pick them up for you that day. 
  • aceruloacerulo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Zoe... for all that great information. I actually work in Fairfield so I am going to  check them out for sure. Thank you!!
  • edited December 2011
    I actually grew up around the corner from Langanke's.  Have never seen their wedding flowers, and am not using them because my wedding isn't in the area. But, anything I've ever gotten there has been beautiful.  I've gotten many arrangements for my mom for mothers day & easter as well as prom corsages...as PP said, they've been around forever. 

My family has used them in the past for funeral flowers...not the happiest of floral arrangements but they have always done a beautiful job.  HTH.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's who i used!  i was completely thrilled with their service.  the flowers were absolutely perfect and all my girls said their bouquets lasted in water for like a week after the wedding!  

i can tell you that i paid about $400 for 1 bride bouquet, 4 bridesmaid bouquets, 6 boutineers, and 3 pin-on corsages.  that included delivery, and i used gerbera daisies.  
    i'd be more than happy to show you pics of my flowers or answer questions or anything, just let me know :)
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Linda at Beachwood Florist in Milford (203) 878-3717. I'm using her for my wedding and she was the most reasonable out of all the florists I met with. Plus she was super friendly and gave me a lot of suggestions on staying within my budget. Ggmae used Linda and her flowers came out amazing! 
  • aceruloacerulo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. This is so helpful!
  • aceruloacerulo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Starrbuk13-I would love to see some pictures if you don't mind sharing them, also do you work with someone in particular there? My email is allisoncerulo@gmail.com Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards