July 2012 Weddings

BM dresses

Most of my BM are going through Davids Bridal to get their dresses. We already got the girls together and they all tried on dresses and liked them. Some of them wanted to get a swatch to see if they could find a dress to match it outside of DB which I am ok with. But most have realized finding the same Apple red is impossible so they stuck with DB. I let them chose their own dress and their own budget. Problem is one of my BM ordered her dress yesterday and the expected delivery date is JUNE 24th! 2.5 weeks before the wedding!! So i sent out a mass email letting everyone know if they plan on doing DB they better get on it because if they need alterations they are cutting it VERY short. FSIL BM # 1 never responds and doesnt keep me updated with her search. She is a big girl, so I know she is going to need alterations of some kind. I asked my other FSIL BM # 2 if she knew what FSIL BM #1 was planning on doing for a dress and she said FSIL BM # 1 is still looking! FSIL BM # 1 keeps telling me she has plenty of time not to worry that the wedding is 70+ days away and not to fret. Its hard for me not to when my BMS have their dresses and DONT need alterations. She is pretty much the only one who hasnt decided or bought a dress. I have 7 BMs. 

How do I approach her without coming off as Bridezilla that she doesnt have a lot of time left to order. 
pregnancy calendar

Re: BM dresses

• erin77marieerin77marie member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I would just let them know that was the estimated delivery date for your first BM so they need to order soon in case they need any alterations.

FWIW though, all of my BMs ordered from DB. The estimate for delivery was about 2 months, but they all actually came in within 3 or 4 weeks.

ETA: After you let her know the estimated delivery, then I would leave it alone, as Ski said. I wouldn't harp on it.
  • Melissa, leave it alone.  Sorry you are dealing with this.

She is an adult and knows when the wedding is.  If she doesn't make the effort to find the dress than she essentially has removed herself from the wedding. 

• edited April 2012
    David's Bridal wayyy over-estimates their delivery time, it's going to be ok. 

ETA:
    Totally works in this case.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bm-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:081ccd08-3a18-4101-bcea-b40dd7dfec2fPost:e6fd8f4e-ac16-4dcf-bfd2-2c62b01d1466">Re: BM dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]David's Bridal wayyy over-estimates their delivery time, it's going to be ok. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

True that.
    Photobucket
  • Just leave it alone now. You already talked to her regarding the dress issue. I'm afraid if you keep talking with her about it, you're not going to come off good. I don't have any personal experience with DB, but from the PPs, it sounds like you have more time than you think. So, take comfort in that.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bm-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:081ccd08-3a18-4101-bcea-b40dd7dfec2fPost:5871ce7a-5d32-42cc-8f41-ed5472f16be0">BM dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of my BM are going through Davids Bridal to get their dresses. We already got the girls together and they all tried on dresses and liked them. Some of them wanted to get a swatch to see if they could find a dress to match it outside of DB which I am ok with. But most have realized finding the same Apple red is impossible so they stuck with DB. I let them chose their own dress and their own budget. Problem is one of my BM ordered her dress yesterday and the expected delivery date is JUNE 24th! 2.5 weeks before the wedding!! So i sent out a mass email letting everyone know if they plan on doing DB they better get on it because if they need alterations they are cutting it VERY short. FSIL BM # 1 never responds and doesnt keep me updated with her search. <strong>She is a big girl, so I know she is going to need alterations of some kind.</strong> I asked my other FSIL BM # 2 if she knew what FSIL BM #1 was planning on doing for a dress and she said FSIL BM # 1 is still looking! FSIL BM # 1 keeps telling me she has plenty of time not to worry that the wedding is 70+ days away and not to fret. Its hard for me not to when my BMS have their dresses and DONT need alterations. She is pretty much the only one who hasnt decided or bought a dress. I have 7 BMs.  How do I approach her without coming off as Bridezilla that she doesnt have a lot of time left to order. 
    Posted by Melissa.hylton[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't say this stuff to her or your other BMs about her.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree with PPs. You already emailed everyone; now leave it alone. It'll be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yea, agree with PPs. the girls have already received your email, I am sure they will all take care of it. Although, I am not sure why "being bigger" would necessarily mean that she would need extra alterations? No matter what size you are, there is always the chance of necessary alterations. Who knows, her dress may fit her perfectly! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bm-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:081ccd08-3a18-4101-bcea-b40dd7dfec2fPost:9893b38f-f7d5-4d73-afd6-e29911bc6325">Re: BM dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]yea, agree with PPs. the girls have already received your email, I am sure they will all take care of it. Although,<strong> I am not sure why "being bigger" would necessarily mean that she would need extra alterations? No matter what size you are, there is always the chance of necessary alterations. Who knows, her dress may fit her perfectly! </strong>
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

This. Exactly.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Not to freak you out or anything but my bridesmaids ordered their dresses from DB at the end of January. We were given a delivery date of April 16th and they actually did take that long. The dresses were not available to be picked up until the 17th. However, the actual delivery time for dresses from DB depends on whether or not they have the dress in stock in the warehouse. Since my bridesmaids dresses are not a typical color (oasis) they all had to be made. Ibelieve that Apple is a pretty common color for them, so if they have the dress in stock, it could only take a couple of weeks to receive the dress.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited May 2012
    She is big!? Sorry.. there is nothing wrong with me saying she is a big girl IF she is a big girl. I didnt say it out of disrepect. She knows she needs alterations, because of the size. Im only 2 sizes smaller then her.. so if i was saying it out of disrespect then that means I should "disrespect myself". I never said she needed "special" alterations because of her size. She needs alterations because of the dress she has chosen or chose through DB wasnt going to work out without them. The rest of my BMs are toothpicks cant even fit into a size zero and they need alterations.. does that mean they need "special" alterations too? Does that mean im judging them also?? NO it just simply means the dresses they picked out need alterations big small large huge skinny tiny whatever the size may be they all need alterations. 

I spoke with another BM today and she ordered her dress today and del date expected is July 4th.

Honestly some of you guys read WAY to much into the unknown. I am someone who doesnt like to judge people for who they are. I never judged her because of her size. I stated the known from what she and i spoke about! I let people live the way they want the way they are. I shouldnt let people get me so worked up but sometimes i feel like almost every other post I write is being ripped to shreds over a statement someone didnt like. 

pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards