Florida-North Florida

St Augustine ceremony and reception places!

Hey everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas of st Augustine ceremony and reception sites. I would like to keep the ceremony and reception in the same place. We were looking at the OC white room, does anyone have any experience with them? Please help!
Thanks for all the help!
:

Re: St Augustine ceremony and reception places!

• I've booked with the white room for my wedding/reception next summer, and I have loved working with them so far!
  • We just had our wedding reception at the White Room. It was amazing! Our guests are still talking about the food and the service was great. While it's a little pricey, it's worth every penny. I worked with Courtney and she was there every step of the way to answer any questions. Just another tip...try to book room blocks close to the White Room (Bayfront Inn, Montery Inn, etc) so people can walk home. I stayed at the Kenwood Inn a block behind the White Room and it was absolutely perfect.

• My bridesmaid got married at the White Room last Jan, and it was beautiful. You REALLY need to be organized and stay on top of them, in terms of planning and organizing, though- and I'd HIGHLY recommend an event planner (I'm using Karen Erwin, St. Augustine Weddings, and LOVE her).

We're getting married at the Casa Monica in October, and so far I've been VERY pleased!
  • Have you looked at the Sala Menendez at the Lightner? If you have less than 100 people, the courtyard at the Lightner, and Sala Menendez are GORGEOUS, and Beth (catering manager for Sala M/A1A) has been great- we're having our RD there!
  • Im getting married in st augusine white room on december 31,2012 i love working with them!! i will agree its a little picey, but includes so muc h that other places charge extra for i think its worth it!!

Happy planning!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just got engaged and we want to be able to book our date in advance. We were looking at the White Room as well since we are not religious and do not want to get married in a church or a hotel. 
    The dtae we're looking at is April 12, 2014. 

Did any Bride have there ceremony on the rooftop? If so how did it go? 
    Also, will I be able to afford the White Room for 100 people with a 10k budget??

Any advice please! Brand new to this. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_st-augustine-ceremony-and-reception-places?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:3b336255-fe8f-4042-a41d-f89705823984Post:74fb04b2-e6c0-4581-9cb9-7f9bb4147a65">Re: St Augustine ceremony and reception places!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got engaged and we want to be able to book our date in advance. We were looking at the White Room as well since we are not religious and do not want to get married in a church or a hotel.  The dtae we're looking at is April 12, 2014.  Did any Bride have there ceremony on the rooftop? If so how did it go?  Also, will I be able to afford the White Room for 100 people with a 10k budget?? Any advice please! Brand new to this. :)
    Posted by wagner0324[/QUOTE]

If you're budget is 10k, I wouldn't go with the White Room. While their individual prices aren't bad, they do require a $14,000 food and beverage minimum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards