Iowa-Des Moines

Help! Location Ideas

I am looking for a location around Des Moines or Indianola for a wedding reception and possibly the ceremony.  I would really like some outdoor pictures or outdoor ceremony if weather is cooperative, but if not, I need it to have the ability to be moved indoor somewhere.  I have about 275 guests I think.  I am also trying to find a location within 5 miles of hotels for my family.  I am also trying to save on some of the cost.  HELP?  Does anyone have some ideas?  Thank you!

Re: Help! Location Ideas

• abja45abja45 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Downtown Des Moines might be an option.  There would be plenty of hotel space available and really cool outdoor picture places.

• ltykaltyka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Historical Building downtown has a huge and beautiful deck area with a great view of the capitol building.  But if the weather is bad, they allow you to move it inside.
  • edited December 2011
    I believe you can rent the meeting rooms at the Annett Nature Center near Indianola. Here is their link. It was reccommended to us but that is further than we wanted to go since we live in Ames. I've heard it is a beautiful area. I'm not sure how many people it will accomodate, but you could always email them for information and then go see what you think. I'm sure it would make for a beautiful outdoor wedding/reception or both. Good Luck!
    http://www.warrenccb.org/areas/anc/anc.html
    image 31 Total invites!
    image 21 Are ready for a good time! image 7 Are sorry to miss the fun! image 3 Are making me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Blank Park Zoo is a nice outdoor location, and there's plenty of hotels nearby on Fleur/ by the airport
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards