New York-Hudson Valley

Lurkers/new girls!

Come on out and introduce yourself! There has been a lot of you here recently and we would love to get to know you and all about your wedding!

Jaimie

Re: Lurkers/new girls!

• Stage101208Stage101208 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What would you like to know?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    HI...I'm Steph, engaged to Jean (pronounced like "John"). I'm (nearly) 29, he's 31, we met on eHarmony last September (2009) and we're getting married May 29th. I was super excited about wedding planning until I actually got down to business. Now I wish I had just eloped like my dad recommended (but don't tell him that!)

We're having a Catholic ceremony at St. John's in Goshen, then the reception at the yet-to-open Palacios on 17M between Goshen and Chester. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the fact that they're a couple of months past due is giving me ulcers.

I have my photog (Allan Levine) and am still looking for a DJ, limo and florist. I know I need to get on that now.

We're doing a peacock feather theme with navy blue, teal and chartreuse as our colors. BM dresses are Davids Bridal 84066 in Marine. I want to do some feather hair thing like one of these.

My dress is this one. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago. I like it, but after trying it on in my size, I know its way more dress than I can handle. When I sit down, my boobs sit right under my chin. Le sigh. Don't hate me, but I'm considering being a two-dress bride. I just don't think I'm going to be comfortable wearing something that big all night long. Working in my favor is that one of my neighbors used to own a wedding dress shop...and she has a 40 foot trailer FULL of wedding dresses. So we'll see...I know I have plenty of cheap options there.

I want to do my hair like this and wear a long veil up over the top.

Thats all I can think of now.

And thanks for all the help that you guys have given me over the past couple of months. I do appreciate it.
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Threepinkroses....the dresses are beautiful...and i could see where your dress is "alot of dress".  And how AWESOME you have a neighbor with a TRAILOR full of dresses .... that's a sign right there!

We used DJ Bri Swatek and Strathmore Limos.  Our florist was local.

Good luck in your search....I looked at Alan myself but he was booked for my date so we didnt' get very far LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • kinobeanokinobeano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  My name is Gillian and I'm getting married to my awesome fiancee on Saturday September 10, 2011 at the VIP Country Club in New Rochelle!  I live in Manhattan and work as an accoutant and I do my best each day not to play on the knot at work :) 
    I really appreciate all of the feedback I've gotten so far, it's been extremely helpful so thank you ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what there is to tell.  Every so often, I come over from the NJ board.  I live there and that's where our wedding is going to be, by FI lives near Poughkeepsie so we are working with some HV vendors and this forum has been a real help to me.
  • edited December 2011

Welcome Steph, Gillian and Rose!

Steph - you have a PM!

• Stage101208Stage101208 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Molly(24), Fiance name is James(23). We met in High School in 2004. Finally March 26, 2010 he asked me to marry him. We have a 3 1/2 year old son together.

We are getting married May 6,2011(100days).We are having a church cemerony in Montgomery. Then we are off to party at Catlin Gardens.

I have 1 MOH, 2 BMs.He has 1 BMan, 2 GM. My girls are wearing 3 different dresses from Davids Bridal in Canary. Our colors are Yellow and White. My Dress is from David's Bridal also. Its Style number V8820.

Tuxs-Sossi Formal
    Limo- Hudson Valley Limo
    Florist-Corwin's in Warwick
    Bus- First Student
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mpjf1001mpjf1001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Maria, FI is Joe. My cousin introduced us while out for my sister's birthday one night, he still claims to this day "he was set up" We've been together for a little over 5 years, engaged on Dec 19th, getting married Oct 13, 2012. I'm a middle school guidance counselor and FI is a carpenter/full time student. We are also about to close on a house, hence the 2012 date.

We are having a Catholic ceremony hopefully at my church in Middletown, NY (i've been playing phone tag with the priest over the holidays), and our reception will follow at the Grandview in PK.

I haven't decided on a bridal party yet, we don't know if we are going big or small, I do know my sister will be my MOH and his best friend is the BM. As for dresses I haven't gotten that far. I have some colors in mind, definitely fall inspired.

My photographer - Majestic Studios (my sister used them in 2008 and Mark is awesome)...
    DJ-planning on using Jimmy Dee

and thats about it...

Thanks for all your help so far!!
  • edited December 2011
    welcome ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm Erica, my fiance is Kevin. We met on Match.com, almost 10 yrs ago! It's taken us a while, but we're finally ready to make it official. We are getting married June 3, 2011 at the Highlands Country Club in Garrison, NY. Ceremony will be outside at the country club. Bridal party is 3 ladies and 3 guys, iincluding MOH and BM. Picked out the BM dresses last week and will post, once I figure out how to include a pic!

Vendors are: Kimberly Coccagnia for Photography
                          Music Speaks Volumes  DJ
                          Flowers by Reni is florist
                          Rev Jesse Caudill  Officiant
                          Cake by Pastry Garden

I think that's everyone! Looking forward to chatting with you ladies as the countdown begins!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    New here....:) my wedding will be at Dolce, (Norwalk CT) ... i am from CT but most of my family are from NY.....

For all of you looking for a beautiful reception, check out Dolce, $110 per person :) 
    I also booked my photographer, Claudia www.fabuluxephotos.com -- 3K

I am now looking for my dress and flowers! :)
    oh... my name is Mary! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Maria- I'm super excited you booked the Grandview-- its awesome there, isn't it?

And HI! to everyone else!
  • ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_lurkersnew-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:33d04847-86eb-401c-b8d0-0a51d699ed0cPost:e0597781-67a7-4d57-b0fe-e6644e5b687b">Re: Lurkers/new girls!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My photographer - Majestic Studios (my sister used them in 2008 and Mark is awesome)... Posted by mpjf1001[/QUOTE]

congrats on your engagement and good luck with the rest of planning!  We used Mark in 2009 and loved him!  Great choice
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ladies!!!
    Happy Planning

• lawyer707lawyer707 member
    edited December 2011
    hi ladies... I've been a part of this board since forever so I'm happy to help if you need any advice:)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mpjf1001mpjf1001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Steph-thanks! im very excited!!! hope your venue gets back on track for you....i love the dress you picked out!

ssage-thank you! it was easy knowing i've seen his work, turn around time, etc but also that he is a great person to deal with as well=) cant wait!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello,

I am Denise and Steve and I are getting married on September 24th this year.
    We were together for 3 years when he popped the big question on December 23rd.

We are having the ceremony at Holy Name church in New Rochelle and the reception will be at Glen Island Harbour Club (also in New Rochelle).

Less than 8 months to go!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!

My name is Melissa, FI's name is Chris. We've been together almost 6 years, and can't wait to get married! I wish I had some details to share with you guys, like a date, or a venue or well anything really, but we're VERY early in the planning stages. We plan to start looking at venues at the end of February, and would like to get married somewhere outdoors in the lower Hudson Valley in either June or October of 2012 :)
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome girls! Congrats on all your engagements!

mpjf - another bride here who used Majestic Studios! You will love you pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards