Wedding Etiquette Forum

This is a new one.

A FB friend of mine posted an album of pictures from their friend's outdoor wedding.  On the east coast somehwere, in a blizzard.  They are literally having the ceremony outside while the snow is dumping buckets on everyone.  And there are no chairs for any of the guests.  There is a picture of a very frozen looking grandma.

What's the point?  Seriously?  The pictures are kinda cool, until you realize "wow, that looks really unpleasant."
two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: This is a new one.

• That would really suck and I'm quite accustomed to snow and cold.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • edited January 2010
    Well you wouldn't want people to sit on snow-covered chairs brie. That would just be rude. Oh wait.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • That's awful.  I'd take my gift and go home.
  • Brrrrrrrr. I wonder if guests were told of the outdoor ceremony beforehand.
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2010
    That's just ridiculous. Even for 15 minutes, that blows.  No way would I attend that.  I'd sit my butt at the reception venue or somewhere else until it was over.
  • I bet they thought it was okay if they provided some luke warm hot chocolate for guests to drink beforehand.  Can you post a picture on here of it?
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My cousin did that. Outdoor wedding in the mountains in Montana. It was late October. It rained. It was SO COLD. I had to take three flights to get there from Chicago. There weren't enough chairs for all the guests at the ceremony (as family, we got to sit. I felt so embarrassed.)

My elder cousin (who got married outside, in October, in Maine) asked me what I'd learned from the two weddings. I said, "mine will be indoors."

My father swore he was never attending another wedding that wasn't in a transportation hub.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It looks like a super-casual JOP thing, B&G are in pea coats and boots over a suit and dress, maybe 10-20 guests.  But still.  Go outside and take pictures in the snow if you want, but don't make everyone else freeze!  Especially grandma. 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Proof:

two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It slightly reminds me of Phoebe's wedding, from Friends....which I thought was very pretty. But obviously that snow was fake---so, there's that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd have been pissed if I were a guest. I'd never think to show up to a wedding in boots, so I'd have been an unhappy, cold, mess.
  • Oh wow, that just looks miserable for any day, let alone a wedding day. Those poor people.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-new-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:792033d1-855e-46ae-9463-268735488c06Post:73c4d0ec-30ef-450f-8c29-f5411e6e2e8b">Re: This is a new one.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It slightly reminds me of Phoebe's wedding, from Friends....which I thought was very pretty. But obviously that snow was fake ---so, there's that.
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it wasn't blowing at them at a 45% angle either. That's a straight up storm, yuck. I'm sure everyone's hair looked fantastic for the reception.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-new-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:792033d1-855e-46ae-9463-268735488c06Post:5a1273b9-164a-4702-87b0-809822c5258e">Re: This is a new one.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's just ridiculous. Even for 15 minutes, that blows.  No way would I attend that.  I'd sit my butt at the reception venue or somewhere else until it was over.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Me too, Amoro. We can have a mug of hot chocolate (or a hot toddy) while they freeze.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • too cold for me...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-new-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:792033d1-855e-46ae-9463-268735488c06Post:9eb02b91-d394-4bec-85cc-303eadfce3cc">Re: This is a new one.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet they thought it was okay if they provided some luke warm hot chocolate for guests to drink beforehand.  Can you post a picture on here of it?
    Posted by pandasquishy[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Another plan foiled.  But for real who thinks it's a good idea to have an outdoor ceremony in freaking Jan on the east coast?  WTF is wrong with people?  Yeah it looked cool on Friends, but that is a TV show.  

</div>
  • Wow I wouldn't be happy at all. In fact, if I got there and realized it was outdoors, I'd go sit in my car until the reception. Or leave entirely.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-new-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:792033d1-855e-46ae-9463-268735488c06Post:45b7c3f9-eeb3-471e-8473-591129a6e796">Re: This is a new one.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is a new one. : Another plan foiled.  But for real who thinks it's a good idea to have an outdoor ceremony in freaking Jan on the east coast?  WTF is wrong with people?  Yeah it looked cool on Friends, but that is a TV show.  
    Posted by NCV2[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly. I would NOT have an outdoor ceremony (in the Northeast) any month except May-September. MAYBE late April. But only during the day. Hell, I wouldn't do an outdoor ceremony in Los Angeles in January unless it was during the day. The locals have thin blood and it gets much cooler at night because of the geography. </div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Oh, and what were the couple wearing? I sure as hell wouldn't want to wear a parka and snow boots with my wedding dress. And what a way to mess up a train. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Ugh. Makes me want cocoa NOW and I'm sitting in my warm apartment.
    planning

• Much like the pictures I posted of the wedding on the beach in the storm, by the sounds of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards