Kentucky-Louisville

Louisville area wedding on Indiana Side of the river.

Is anyone else looking to get married on the Indiana side of the Ohio River (New Albany, Clarksville, Jeffersonville, Corydon)  instead of Louisville, KY?  I have been having a lot of trouble finding vendors, venues, etc. on this side of the river and none of the Indiana pages are for around this area.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.  Our date is October 13, 2011 so we have just under a year to find everything.  We are planning between 200-250 guests.  :)

Re: Louisville area wedding on Indiana Side of the river.

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most vendors located in Louisville will work in those areas.  You don't need a photographer with an Indiana mailing address - just one willing to go to Indiana.  My photog lives in IN, has a studio in Louisville, and did our wedding near Lexington.  The only thing you really need on the IN side is a venue, it sounds like.  There are several that have been mentioned.  The one that comes to mind is Kye's, which is right at the end of the 2nd Street bridge - I went to a wedding there early this year and it was nice. 

For other vendors (caterers, photogs, flowers, etc.) you should be fine with vendors from either side of the river.  Check out the other posts on this board.

And please, back off the caps lock.  I feel like you're yelling at me.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto.  It's Kentuckiana for a reason.  My photog came from Columbus, IN and did my Louisville wedding.  Don't pay attention so much to their address. 

And ditto the caps lock.  Welcome to the board!

• edited December 2011
    There are great vendors on the Indiana side! For locations.. Kyes, The Sheraton Hotel, The Calumet Club- with a super nice ballroom and giant windows and outdoor garden- 300 Spring  also with garden.. The Admiral Bicknell Inn B&B- with an awesome built in pool and gazebo and beautiful lower lawn for the ceremony and gorgeous staircase for pics, Lakeside Reflections, Hubers Winery- [Awesome] The Culbertson West and more-

There are awesome Photographers/ Floral and Event people/ Linen and Rentals and Cake people-- in particular Adrienne's Cakes

There are a lot of great vendors in Jeffersonville.. but one vendor can lead you to another.  Good luck
  • crescent13crescent13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about the caps lock, ladies.  Also thank you for the suggestions, I have been looking into some of the venues mentioned.  I am also trying to figure out how to be added to some of the other boards, such as the October 2011.  And I am all ears for DIY, Fall themed items, and where to find discounts.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You just go post on those boards - you don't have to be added to anything.  They're open. 

There's a DIY board, and a budget board which should have good discount info.  In terms of fall themed items, what specifically are you looking for?  I found a lot of stuff just by googling relentlessly. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Def look up Nvisiblephotography. www.nvisiblephoto.com

They did a wonderful job at my wedding, not pushy like some photographers, punctual, affordable (they will even work with you on their wedding packages!) and gorgeous pictures! :)

My DJ was great! I think he lives in Louisville but grew up in IN so I know he would travel wherever! DJ Joe Dubb.

My flower lady was great too beautiful flowers A Touch of Elegance and she worked with me on prices!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yeah you should check our Hubers Orchard and Winery! BEAUTIFUL place for a fall wedding! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards