Wedding Etiquette Forum

Merry Christmas Eve eve...

Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...

• missy is trying to sabotage my weigh in with visions of spinach lasagna dancing in my head.
    Photobucket
  • if i never saw snow again, i'd be a happy happy girl.  we've been pretty lucky so far this winter.
    Photobucket
  • I'm glad you are feeling better.  Edmund is going to be a handsome baby boy!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:18237a56-c266-496c-bc4c-ba4faa7c9785">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve... : I would love for it to be in the70's!  It's so hot and humid here, you always have that slight layer of sweat on you, just enough for any dust in the air to stick to you, so you ALWAYS have that slightly dirty sticky feeling... yeah, that makes for a super happy aMrs
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yeah, I forgot it's humid where you are. At least it's not humid here when it's dry. Lol, that makes no sense. What I meant to say was that last week sucked because it was humid (and pouring), but at least it was in the 50s. In the summer it doesn't rain when it's 100 degrees. </div><div>
    </div><div>And I agree with LVB. :-(</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I know, I know. It is just that we always had homemade lasagna on Christmas Even when my Italian Grandma was living, and so I wanted to start the tradition for H and I.

And yes, the snickerdoodles were really good and a success bc last year's were pretty much a fail.
  • KJB - just have a SMALL piece.

They are sabotaging my weigh in with chocolate chip cookies at work.  I only had 2.  But they are about 15 feet away from me and I have 2 1/2 more hours to resist :).
  • I'm off to make dinner. I might be in and out later. 

DH saved Christmas dinner! There was a veggie wellington I wanted, but didn't order last week, and he got one of the last ones on the planet, apparently. We're having a vegetarian roast w/ chipotle mashed sweet potatoes tomorrow and then the wellington with potato soup, broccoli/rice/cheese casserole and pie on Christmas. Yay!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • i'm just kidding missy.  pasta is my weakness.  
    loopy - i did enough caloric damage already today.
    Photobucket
  • There were way too many baked goods in my office this week.  No good for my wedding diet.
    Anniversary
  • Shortee, I moved to OZ because H is from here.

LVB, no not really.  I suppose if I was in one of the capital cities it might be different, but out here...I didn't sign up for this crap. 
    But I blame it on the area, not OZ itself.  If I had wanted to liove this kind of life I could have moved from DC to the FL Everglades in August and gotten the same life for 1/16th the cost, but I chose to not do that KWIM?

As for fitting in here, I don't think I ever will, not because it's so different, but why would I want to assimilate into a society where I have had to remove every mention of college and any accomplishment, any organizations, etc from my resume because "it scares them"?  Sucess and ambition here are bad.  I believe in raising the lowest to the level of the highest, not the squishing the highest down to the lowest common denominator.  So in order to even attempt to fit in here I have to lie about who and what I am.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did okay, mostly cause I only ate two meals today.  Breakfast (at like 10:30) and dinner... and then 2 cookies as a snack.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:fbe9ef25-1c07-4925-9329-841fdc6acde3">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm just kidding missy.  pasta is my weakness.   loopy - i did enough caloric damage already today.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Oh I know you were kidding. I could eat pasta everyday, too. It is the Italian in me.
  • Is there any chance he'll move to a bigger city? I know you all moved there because of his kids...that he never sees, right? So what are the chances to just moving to a bigger place? How long until the kids are old enough for him to be ok moving here?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • aMrs - I'm sorry to hear all that - are there any positives you focus on to keep you going day to day?  Do they make it worth it, even a little?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:0165551a-a786-46a9-8dc6-a6169f998998">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve... : Oh I know you were kidding. I could eat pasta everyday, too. It is the Italian in me.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not Italian, but I could eat pasta every day, twice a day.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Me too shortee.  I am trying really hard to not eat so much.  The calorie count is astronomical :)
    Photobucket
  • aMrs, any chance of moving back to the states anytime soon?
    Anniversary
  • I know, KJB.  I'm trying really hard to cut back.  The last time I had it (in non-Smart Ones form) was over a week ago.
    Anniversary
  • Well even with a green card he wouldn''t be able to work in the states until he has citizenship (thank you Jones Act), so that option is off the table.

We honestly can't afford to move to a bigger city.  Sydney has the highest housing costs in the world (8x the avg salary) and the further south we go, the less employment opportunities there are for him.

Basically, one of us is going to be unhappy no matter where we settle.  I'm used to being unhappy, so it might as well be me.

but since several of you have mentioned that I don't seem happy, I'll try to not be a debbie downer on the boards because that's no fun.  Thanks for pointing it out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:ce0110ec-3f00-4c2a-8c76-c9ddf9fe6398">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve... : Well, I was an Account Project Manager at a marketing agency, with a team of seven and I managed a 14 million dollar budget.  Now I am a cashier at Burger King,  They were the only ones that didn't tell me I was too qualified.  I have had three placement agencies tell me I am unemployable in this area.  And thes are people who are PAID to squeze me into something, anything. I really haven't found anything positive in this area, so I just try to maintain a neutral position, not think about the bad things and deal with it one day at a time. However, I may lose it completely when SIL and H's sone come to stay for two weeks in January.

<div>That sucks aMrs.  I would probably feel the same you do if I were in your position.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Hi Mica - starting tomorrow I will drink wine - this 2nd shift business is bad for my wino ways :).
  • Hey, check out this post. I'm NOT suggesting a field trip to post ( I haven't read the comments, but I can't imagine they're good). But OUCH.

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/46845443.aspx
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • How long is wine good for if it's been opened?  I have a bottle of red that was opened on Thanksgiving and has been kept with an air tight seal since then.  Is it drinkable or should I dump it?
    Anniversary
  • Thanks Guys.  talking here does make it easier to talk to H. 

they published a report that showed that suicide was the mostly likely cause of death for Aussie males under 44 and females under 34.   I think H realized I was serious about not liking it here when my response to the report was "sure, I can see that"
  • So, I should probably NOT break into the wine that I got for tomorrow night...right?
  • I actually love wrapping presents. When I got older, I always wrapped our family's presents. My Mom hated it and my Dad was never home due to his job around the holidays. So once we didn't believe any more, I wrapped everyone elses except for mine and either my sister did them or my Mom sucked it up and did them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:0b161168-e9a8-4425-9c43-129513f128e7">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Guys.  talking here does make it easier to talk to H.  they published a report that showed that suicide was the mostly likely cause of death for Aussie males under 44 and females under 34.   I think H realized I was serious about not liking it here when my response to the report was "sure, I can see that"
    How does he deal with you hating it so much?
  • I don't know about wine from Thanksgiving, but I can keep wine for up to a week if I use my super wine stopper.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d539d78c-f02f-4e0e-8502-0aeb621e5e5ePost:1c58e1ac-f13f-4633-8634-226c9740daf1">Re: Merry Christmas Eve eve...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know about wine from Thanksgiving, but I can keep wine for up to a week if I use my super wine stopper.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>Hmmm...it's probably time to dump it then.</div>
    Anniversary
  • I honestly don't think an opened bottle of wine has lasted more than 24 hours in my house.  lush, party of one.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards