Kentucky-Louisville

videographer

Fi and I are trying to find a great videographer. I was just curious who everyone has used/ will be using and what were your thoughts about them? TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: videographer

• brides-motherbrides-mother member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Kay Rountree.  Great work, well respected.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Kay Rountree as well. She's great!
  • owlgirlowlgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kay Rountree has been recommended to me, also... any idea what her prices are... or other particulars?  Why did you choose her?
  • edited December 2011
    If you need help finding a videographer you should check out http://site.nvisiblephoto.com/ they will work with you on prices and build a custom package to fit your video needs!
  • edited December 2011
    I dont know right off the bat what I paid (or what my mom paid) but I love her. I chose her because of her price range and she was completely personable.  The quality of her work is about the same as some of these other high end videographers and she shoots completely in HD, yet her price was probably $1000 less.

When I went to meet with her for the first time, I told her about my desire to have a candle lit/dark wedding ceremony.  She was honest with me from the beginning, telling me that she wasn't sure if her equiptment/ the HD would work well in the dark.  She went as far as to meet me at my ceremony site and play around to see if it was going to be possible, and at that point I hadnt even booked her yet.  That sold me, I wouldve changed my ceremony type just to be able to keep her. She's fabulous.
  • halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Mike Kasbaum from Excelsior Video Service.  Here's the website <<clicky>>.  His prices were awesome and  his work was excellent. He comes recommended by my venue. 
  • whitneygeslerwhitneygesler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Leecass18Leecass18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about a cinemetographer?  I am using one instead as they are better than a regular videographer.  Check out

Creative Video Solutions, LLC - check out their blog and wedding videos.  They are fantastic and so much better than what I was finding with the videographers and they are reasonable in price.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Pick me! Pick me!  :)  But seriously...check out my work here:  http://www.reelspecial.com

I'm based in Lexington but shoot plenty of weddings in Louisville and beyond.  I would say I fall in to the category of a cinematographer; traditional wedding videogarphy is very stale, and I have invested literally TENS of thousands of dollars in equipment and training to capture a more creative and artistic perspective of a clients' wedding day.
  • megfourfunmegfourfun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent the following information to a friend and figured i would repost here. I met with a lot of videographers, so here is an overview of who I liked the most. 

I met with ICVideo (http://www.icvideo.net/), Creative Video Solutions (http://www.creativevideosolutions.tv/), ClassicPixels (http://www.classicpixels.com/), and hands up visuals (http://handsupvisuals.com/). The first 3 were running about twice as much as hands up visuals. The difference is the first 3 include two people shooting video, whereas HUV uses one. All of them were very nice with a few differences. Another minor thing is the first 3 also include a short film that they process quickly to put up online for friends and family to view, Hands Up doesnt do a quick film but does put the final up online.

I personally liked classicpixels the most. CP seemed to style the videography to the type of couple with a more indie film feel, whereas ICvideo and Creative just did their thing (which is fine more professional film/movie feel). CP is a husband wife team that only do wedding video's and seem very dedicated to their work while loving what they do at the same time.

ICVideo is a bit of a larger establishment. They have maybe 5 videographers and a studio (CP's studio was in their home basement, but very very niiiice - Jarrett should check it out if you happen to meet with them), and you can tell from one video to the next that they were shot by a different person. Having a goup of videographers is nice though in case one gets sick the day of or something comes up. The guy I met with was super nice and really into his work, I think he was injured in the military or something and is in a wheelchair now. His wife works there and does the videography and he sticks to editing.

Creative Video Solutions is professional. Their work is more movie/commercial. Nice guys, but that is something to consider. CP and ICVideo both have females that shoot (so if you dont feel comfortable having a guy filming you getting ready...) They shoot with large shoulder mount cameras. I personally didn't click with the main guy there when I met with him but he had a artsy vibe. When talking to them they seemed more like they didnt care if they were seen or in the way and I think they shoot interviews of guests/family members, whereas CP (mainly) and ICVideo's philosophy is to try and not be seen and just let things happen naturally.

Finally Hands up Visuals, mainly went with him b/c I like the personality of Derek Poore when I met with him and it is like over 1000 bucks cheaper. His videos are up on vimeo.com (search for derek poore). He is more of a journalist, so his wedding video, im thinking, will be more of a documentary.

All of them shoot with very good equipment, can produce on blu-ray, and put the stuff up online. I think ICVideo and Creative Video have the best glide cams (smooth video) and other equip though.

Hope this helps!
  • whitney&lukewhitney&luke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. We just booked IC Video!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards