Florida-South Florida

Live in/Non live in Poll

For the knotties who are living with FI

1. How long before you moved in together?
2. His place or yours?
3. Pets?
4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.)
5. Any assets you brought to the nest?
6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties?

For the knotties who are moving in with Fi post-wedding:

1. Bought any furniture together yet?
2. Pets?
3. His place or yours?
4. The one thing you're most nervous about?
5. What you're looking forward to?

Re: Live in/Non live in Poll

• Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together? we dated 4 years before moving in together
    2. His place or yours? we moved out of our parents houses into our own
    3. Pets? yes we have american bulldog and two cats
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) Nope, himself haha we bought everything together
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? nope myself and same as above
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? def. try and live together before you get married, i loved every moment and wouldnt change a thing.

My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together? 11 Months from when we first met.. I know crazy. But I had just graduated from college, he was buying a small place.. we thought we'd try it out.  I did however keep my place for a year and a half *just* in case. It was a scary decision for me!!
    2. His place or yours? I'd say his, since he bought it. But they day he moved in so did I. He's always said it was ours.. so i'll say ours.
    3. Pets? Yes, I came with package. My cat Bailey.
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.)  His mom's 20 year couch, they he will not let me get rid of. Everything else me, mom, or he has purchased since living there. (Thank god for my mommy!!!)
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? Me and Mommy brought in the guest bedroom furniture, the buffet table, coffee table, accessories, and anything that made the house look more like a home. Its still a work in progress. Who would have thought such a tiny place would take so long decorating!
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties?  Its an adjustment, and the adjustments NEVER stop. I"d like to say we don't argue about cleaning.. ect. but we still do. I've come to the point where chore charts have been threatened.. or  might get a maid.  Some men have a different "perception" of clean..

Backstory: I went out after a horrible week to run errands while FI stayed home. He said, "when you get home the house will be clean.". To me clean means.. clean.  :: Get home, and the floors aren't washed, counters aren't wiped down, ect.  and FI's on the couch watching basketball:::
    Quote from FI: " I said I'd clean.. and when I clean I don't use cleaning products".  ::::  Yell ::::

We can laugh about that now.. lol
  • edited December 2011
    1. How long before you moved in together? Six months more or less. He never really officially moved he, he just stayed over and eventually never left LOL
    2. His place or yours? Mine. I own it and he owns a house that he now rents out
    3. Pets? yep, my pug Honey Bear who now shows loyalty to him.
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) No, but because there is no room. But he does have a boat, which is nice ;)
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? Pretty much everything. I bought the place when we first started dating again and bought all the furniture, etc, before he moved in
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? I advise living together before the wedding. Don't sweat the small stuff, but if something really bothers you, say it and be done with it. But remember, people don't change. Take their faults and learn to live with them. I'm sure you have some he will have to get used to as well.
  • cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together? 1 year
    2. His place or yours? OURS we bought a house
    3. Pets? 1 dog Cha Chi
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) Guest bedroom furniture everything else was new.
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? None
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? Discuss things that bother you before moving in i.e. toilet seat being up, cleanging habits, etc. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    1. How long before you moved in together? 11 months
    2. His place or yours?Mine initally now we have OURS
    3. Pets?Me my baby Angel
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) TV, Washer Dryer
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? Bunch of everything
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? Would be to understand that communication is key, its different from spending the night with your sweetie, you have to discuss household duties, what each person expects of the other. Like in our case I was raised to think that all men KNOW how to work on cars, fix toilets, and other household things, newsflash my fi is NOT a handyman,  but he does know TONS of people that are. lol.... ALso my fi is color blind, very color blind, so he doesnt know how or do I allow him to wash clothes, although after 4 years, he asked me the other day to teach him how to do the whites. So my biggest thing is know that living together is a learning process.
  • edited December 2011

I yelled "DIBS!" when my parents decided to buy a new living room, does that count? lol. He has a futon we want to use for a guest room!

2. Pets?

Jack, who like Shannon's pup, is now Craig's baby.

3. His place or yours?

Ours. Bought a foreclosure, remodelling our nest.

Snoring. LOL jk. Um ... morning routine.

Sleeping in the same bed :) And the hippieteedeepeetee time :x
  • edited December 2011
    Kaila, my fiance is color blind too.  He has been banned from doing my laundry.

1. How long before you moved in together? 11 months, both of our leases ran out and he was living an hour away at the time so it made it easier for us.
    2. His place or yours?  Both and then mine.  We moved into an apartment together.  Then I bought a place after that lease ran up.
    3. Pets?  Yes after about 3 months.  Our little guy was a birthday present
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.)  He sold all of his bachelor furniture, so the only thing he brought in was a couple of lamps and his clothing.
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest?  Everything, my previous place was fully furnished with new stuff.
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties?  Living together before marriage is something that I highly recommend.  Although, I do have friends that can't because of religious reasons.  You will quickly learn what the other person's habits are.  You may even hate them.  Discuss your expectations upfront and have lots of patience.  Hopefully you will both compromise and it will be an easy transition.  In our house, I cook dinner and he cleans the dishes and takes out the trash.  Also, always do your own laundry.
  • edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together? oh wow well..we've known each other for about 8 years on and off but I started to stay at his place like at 3 months of us being together and we started looking for a bigger place soon after (but like i said we had beeenn known each other so it wasnt like weird lol)

2. His place or yours? his initially then when we got our own place

3. Pets? Non yet but we plan to get a puppy after the wedding...

4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) HIS TV ...and his playstation lol...he loves the tv more then me sometimes LOL

5. Any assets you brought to the nest? I brought my small horrible tv for the bedroom until we get another one (he hates it lol)...everything else we bought together...

Agree with most knotties...TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING... I have had some crazy time adjusting to the cleaning after me and him..lol..but hes getting better now! LOL..and he does help with the laundry (but now my shirts are sometimes pink instead of white) and his meaning of "clean" is not the same as mines... its good to  read some of ur stories and know im not alone! LOL The other day i was feeling bad and he said dont worry hunny go to bed i'll clean the dishes ..well when I clean the dishes (and he know how picky i am especially about the kitchen) i clean up the kitchen and put stuff away..i woke up to a dirty kitchen with plates everywhere...he said i told u i would do the dishes i didnt say i was cleaning anything else???
  • edited December 2011
    1. How long before you moved in together? i had moved home after being together about 3 months...and 6 months later he relocated to south florida so 9 months into our relationship
    2. His place or yours? my parents house and we cant wait to get a place of our own!!
    3. Pets? no
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) nothing
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? we will be getting a couch
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? i wouldnt trade it for the world!!!
  • edited December 2011
    1. How long before you moved in together? 7 months..we didnt waste alot of time since it was long distance or live together.
    2. His place or yours? It was his
    3. Pets? A black cat Dodger, and our new addition a mut we named Astro.
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) When we first moved in together we were living in his college apartment with 2 guy roommates so everything was NASTY! I never went into the living room becasue college boys did bad things on the couch, chairs, tables....
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? I brought EVERYTHING!
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? Be patient! You are going to learn so many things about your new hubby. Take it all in and enjoy it! There is nothing better than going home to your man!
  • edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together?  We just moved in together 3 months ago after being together about 8 years!
    2. His place or yours? We just bought our first home together, we were not living together prior to.
    3. Pets?  Shih-tzu :)  He bought him for me 5 years ago.
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.)  We pretty much started with a clean slate so everything is new. He did bring a cow skin looking rug....i hid it in the closet!
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? I pretty much picked out everything new (although we did buy the furniture together). I did keep my plasma tv from my old apt.
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties?  Living together has been soooooo much fun. We love having friends over and having dinner/drinks. Neither one of us likes to clean so I hired someone to come over every couple of weeks....so no fighting over a clean house!   I would say the best thing I bought him was a barbecue. If he can barbecue, he is happy as can be!
  • ayanapoohayanapooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How long before you moved in together? 10 months.  It wasn't planned though.  His living situation with the cousin he was living with got kinda nasty and he needed to move ASAP.  We thought it would be temporary, then we started talking wedding and figured it would be better to save the $$$.

2. His place or yours? My place.  I own my townhouse, but we'll buy a home together soon.

3. Pets? My dogs Choo Choo and Caboose.  They're Shelties. Laughing

4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) Just himself and his clothes!

5. Any assets you brought to the nest? Everything was mine to begin with.

6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? Living together before getting married is a very personal decision.  And it has to be YOUR decision, not anyone else's.  At one point, I never thought I would live w/ anyone before getting married, but the circumstances changed and here we are.  Discuss living habits beforehand, b/c everyone is different.  Like someone else said, sometime's a man's version of clean is completely different than yours.  And don't sweat the small stuff.  Know when you have to lose the battle to win the war. Wink
    Photobucket
  • hollie1113hollie1113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together? 5 months! I know, it sounds crazy.  Our "story" will all make sense- and make you say "awww!"  :)- once I finally post MY BIO!

2. His place or yours? We moved into a new place together.

3. Pets? Oh yes.  We have 2 very spoiled children.  I brought my dog- a cockapoo named Buddy (he's almost 15!), and he brought his cat- a REALLY furry monster named Rogue.

4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) Mostly the electronics :)

5. Any assets you brought to the nest? Pretty much all of the furniture. And kitchen stuff.  

6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? COMMUNICATE!!! And pick and choose your battles.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together? 2 months! I know, it sounds crazy. 

2. His place or yours? We moved into a new aparment together.

3. Pets? My dog snoppy is 7 years old  

4. Any assets he brought into the nest? Furniture

5. Any assets you brought to the nest?  kitchen stuff and cleaning stuff

6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? take you time to now ur fi,comunicate 
  • MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think I beat everyone here, lol. I moved in 1month or 1 and a half.

2. His place or yours?
    His place <3

3. Pets?
    His pit bull, Yayo, and my Doxie, Lani <3

4. Any assets he brought into the nest?
    Everything was his.

Not at first, but when we moved into a new place I put a table for 2 in the kitchen, I put up nice curtains, and changed the blinds. We also split the price on a 60inch flatscreen!

Pick your battles! Do you really want to go to bed mad over petty things like the toilet seat being up? or because he left his work clothes on the couch? Remember, you will come across BIGGER more important issues being together for the rest of your lives.
  • odiloveslegosodiloveslegos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Registered for some.

2. Pets?
    Our five pound poodle, Bob Dylan, who is with me until we're married.

3. His place or yours?
    Ours in NYC!

Moving to New York

Living in the same city since it's been, oh.. six years!
  • edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together? About 3 months... We hated being apart and I was ready to move out from my roommate so we decided to give it a shot! 3 years later, we bought a home together.
    2. His place or yours? We rented for 3 years and then bought Ours!
    3. Pets? We have an amazing poopy named Maverick. He is fabulous! He is 4 and the LOVE of our life!
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) uhm.... his mad electrical skills and bacon bringing ability. :)
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? I had already lived on my own... so I had a full apartment of furniture. :)
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? Agree early on as to how you will split the chores and bills. That is the one thing we have had the most fights over. We have worked out a system that works now... but it really took about 3 years to get it completely ironed out. Would have been much easier if we had done this from the start!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kimdberlykimdberly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, I'm new to the boards thought this would be a good way to introduce myself.

We dated almost 5 years

2. His place or yours?
    We rented our own and then a little over a year ago we bought our first  house

3. Pets?
    He bought me a cat for my birthday about 3 years ago and now he bought a dog 3 months ago

4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.)
    Nope, we bought everything new.

nope

Live together before you marry!! It is very hard to live with someone even if you sleep at their house every night, it's not the same.

Adding my own
    We have a son together too
  • edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together?Will be moving in August this year before the wedding in March
    2. His place or yours? His Place
    3. Pets? My very large turtle named Squirt (yes like nemo)
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) Ps3, his mothers sidebar, and some of artwork
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? I will be bringing a reclining love seat, two comfy chairs, and some much need organizing, & my wii 
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? um not sure yet.. i will let you know

2. Pets?
    3. His place or yours?
    4. The one thing you're most nervous about? having a little mommy anexity.. moved out before, then my father passed away so i moved back in (2yrs) and havent left since
    5. What you're looking forward to? Making dinner together and all of our fun times
  • edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together?We moved in together 2 months after we got engaged
    2. His place or yours?My place
    3. Pets?We have 3 cats and a dog. They were mine.
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.)A bed for my guest room, some extra silverware, movies and some camping gear
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest?Since he moved in here I guess I brought everything else.
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties?Work together as a team.
  • edited December 2011

-nope, we havent even gone apt hunting yet :x soo behind

2. Pets?
    -his dog (which is now our dog lol ) romeo. hes an american bulldog/boxer muttt

3. His place or yours?
    -ours? we have to find one haha that allows our huge whale of a dog

-daily routine..being a wife..not wanting to clean haha

-snuggling every night and spending time together.. and oh yea, sexytime of course ;)
  • edited December 2011

1. How long before you moved in together? a little over two years, I had to move up to NY since his job is here, so we moved in together once we bought our home
    2. His place or yours? we bought a house together :)
    3. Pets? our adorable French bulldog, Brooklyn
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) all of his tools, some furniture he "inherited," and a drum set
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? artwork, bedding, lots of kitchen stuff
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? when you live together, arguments are bound to arise, so learn to forgive, forget, and don't go to sleep angry
  • edited December 2011
    1. How long before you moved in together? 6 months
    2. His place or yours? My condo that I own but now we are closing on a new house up in Jupiter TOMORROW!! So exciting!
    3. Pets? nope. I want one but don't have the time for it right now.
    4. Any assets he brought into the nest? (Ex: a comfy recliner, a pinball machine, etc.) No, unfortunately not. I wish though!
    5. Any assets you brought to the nest? Everything. I had the fully furnished condo. He moved here from CA for me and brought his clothes, lol!
    6. Any advice for the non-live in knotties? I think it's definitely an experience and teaches you a lot about your future partner. I wouldn't change it for the world!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards