Military Brides
Options

Marine Corps wedding colors... HELP!

Ok, so my fiance is a Marine and he will be wearing his dress blues as will his groomsmen. Now, I don't want to go the traditional route and have my bridesmaids wear red 1 because its too obvious and 2 my fiance HATES the color red lol.

So my question is, will deep purple and a bright blue go good enough with the uniform? I'll attach a picture of the bouquet that inspired my colors...

Re: Marine Corps wedding colors... HELP!

• Options
    They'll go fine I think. Most of the girls here will tell you not to be matchy matchy anyway. Pick colors you're comfortable with and like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_marine-corps-wedding-colors-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:1d80ec7f-ced2-482a-9c79-2171237ee235Post:8b438e76-310b-4788-8f5c-752809dec522">Re: Marine Corps wedding colors... HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They'll go fine I think. Most of the girls here will tell you not to be matchy matchy anyway. Pick colors you're comfortable with and like.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

Exactly.
  • Options
    Yep Ditto Sammy. The uniform will match anything that you pick, that's what is great about it! Those colors look good, so if you like them, go for them! 
  • Options
    Phew, that's a relief lol thanks ladies
  • Options
    Ours were Amethyst with H's Navy Blue Mess Dress. Looked great to me :)
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought of matching my colors to his blues. I am doing a very rustic/vintage wedding with soft vintage pinks and blues. I don't think it will matter, he will look sharp no matter what your colors are!
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards