Ohio-Columbus

Seriously?!?!?

We received anRSVP back today. They declined. NO NAME ON IT. Now we have to decide if it's someone that already told us no verbally and just finally sent in the RSVP anyway, or someone we actually haven't heard from in the first place. We have it narrowed down to 8 possibilities based on where it was mailed from. Unbelievable. 

32 days until we're in Mexico... 32 days until we're in Mexico....32 days...
Anniversary

Re: Seriously?!?!?

• edited December 2011
    aww kelly!! poor thing! want to go out for a cocktail? :)
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES Savannah! lol. Let's do it! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am so glad I put names on or a blank line for guests - made is sooooo much easier.

I think that would be my advice number or put names on the RSVPs.

32 days until MEXICO (so jealous!)
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    edited December 2011
    Oh we had a M_____________ for them to fill in their names. They just didn't bother to do it! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    So, note to self, fill in the names? Great....
  • edited December 2011
    Yup, just keep thinking about that honeymoon....

I am not saying the wedding part isn't great but it is just the getting there and then it all goes by so damn fast.
  • csh96csh96 member
    edited December 2011
    I learned this trick after I sent the out the first 15 invites.  Use a pencil and number the back of the RSVP cards and a keep of list of the names to which each number belongs.  I only ended up with 1 or 2 back with no names but it definitely helped!
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I numbered our cards.  My invite lady strongly suggested it.

I must admit I'm a wee bit jealous of you, Kelly!  Wish mine was closer, but I keep myself sane by saying "I can't wait until the day AFTER the wedding!"  51 days....

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:e6a06789-f3b5-44d2-9c0a-0a54104b1debPost:11455f18-8837-4e24-a494-616b117446ee">Re: Seriously?!?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, note to self, fill in the names? Great....
    Posted by GApeachOH[/QUOTE]

worked like a dream - no one was offended and it was oh so much easier than trying to read people's handwriting!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I know this does not help but I have heard to number the cards as well, it helps because a lot of people don't fill them in
  • Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Advice to brides who haven't sent their invites yet - fill in the names for them! A) it prevents people from adding those who aren't invited and B) you don't have the problem of not knowing who sent the rsvp back.

If you dont want to write names for whatever reason, I've heard some people have had great results with penciling in a number on the back corner of the rsvp card that corresponds to where that family falls within your invite list. That way if they don't write any name, you can still trace it to someone.

We wrote in the names and didn't have any issues (other than having to call a few people who didn't send one at all of course, but there's really no fix for that)
  • edited December 2011
    We didnt fill ours in, because you never know who is coming.  Like of Mr & Mrs, only one could come, or a family could bring 2 out of their three kids.

Also, most of our people who were bringing plus ones put thier names on them so i can write everyone a place card and not have it just say guest (which is good cause they are part favor).

I do highly recommend numbering the cards though, even though  I didnt need to use the numbers for anyone.
    image 210 Invited
    image 140 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 38 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards