Michigan-Grand Rapids

McPhaddens for Reception?

Has anyone had their reception at McPhassens or planning on it soon?  I am looking at the Pearl Room but wanted to see what other have to say about it also.  The parking is the thing that worries me.  Thanks!!!!

Re: McPhaddens for Reception?

• akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! My wedding was in Holland, so I didn't look at any places here in GR. :( I just looked through the posts in the Recommend Your Vendors thread (sticky) at the top of the page and I didn't see anyone mention the Pearl Room or McPhaddens. Still check out that thread, there are some good recommendations. Good luck!!
  • RizzO18RizzO18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I just replied to you in my thread, but just in case... heres my two cents.

I really like McFaddens. I went to a wedding there a few years ago and it was really nice. The people there seem really nice and accommodating, which is always good!

The things I didn't like about it....I felt the dance floor was really small (which wouldn't be a problem if you have a smaller wedding) and I we are going to have a good amount of kids and we just weren't sure if a bar setting would be appropriate.

I think they said people could park in the lot across the street, which is what I remember doing for the wedding I went to.

Where else are you considering?
  • valeriemay85valeriemay85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my reception there but it's not until May 7th next year. A friend of mine had hers there && it went really well. The dance floor is small which is my only concern but not everyone dances at the same time. The Pearl Room just fits mine && FIs personality. We looked at other places && nothing seemed to fit more then McFaddens. We did the food tasting && it was amazing! We're going with the lemon chicken && the lime flat iron steak. :) A bar setting is perfect for us.. we do have a lot of kids also but most of them will be going home after dinner so no worries there.
  • SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think for us, we had some serious difficulty getting in touch with the coordinator, plus, I'd heard some not nice things about entrance/exit- though I understand those have been changed now.  I did like the ambience overall though.
  • kferguson677kferguson677 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the postings =)  We are looking at bar 25?  I think it is...downtown also.
  • RizzO18RizzO18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

25 Kitchen and Bar? That's so funny... I actually just ate lunch for the first time there over the weekend! It was yummy. Yup, its downtown.

I didn't know they did wedding receptions?! 

• RizzO18RizzO18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you by any chance have any pricing information for 25 Kitchen & Bar?
  • edited December 2011
    Just did a wedding there in August.  The staff was amazing, and right on with everything to a T!  If you are working with Erin, your reception will be perfect.  You will be very happy that you chose the Pearl Room
  • valeriemay85valeriemay85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm happy to hear that because ours is next May! So far Erin has been great && so has the staff! They've given me so many ideas for decorations. i'm so excited to have my reception there!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards