Not Engaged Yet

Got a dress!!

So I found my dress this weekend. There was a bridal shop near me that was having a 50% off sale, so I or rather my mother bought a dress that I never would have otherwise because 1) The original price was over $1000 and 2) I would have never selected it off the rack myself.

I was trying on a few dresses and asked the consultant for some ideas. I told her that I didn't want lace. I didn't want anything on the bottom. Well she came back with a few dresses. One of them had lace all around the bottom. In my head I was like did you not listen to anything I just told you. I decided what the heck its here why not. It also helped that she said it wasn't a sample so it had barely been touched. That was nice to know when buying the exact dress. Well I put it on and was like, this is so different from anything I have tried on. I love it. It's awesome.

I don't really like how the model looks in the pic of the front... it makes the bottom look all weird. Oh and the fabric is quite shimmery. It is Allure 8605.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Got a dress!!

• edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!  That's great you were able to get it for a discount!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• honeybee724honeybee724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Its funny isn't it how sometimes you end up with a dress nothing like what you originally wanted?
    WHO DEY!
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    gorgeous! i hear a lot of girls end up buying a dress they would have never thought to pick out for themselves. i can't wait to see photos of the dress with you wearing it, not the model!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have pictures of me in the dress. I am just not fond of the pics. The consultant asked what time of day I was getting married and when I told her the evening she dimmed the lights in the room. Well in result the pictures have a lot of shadows in them. I suppose I can possibly post them anyway. Since I bought the exact dress maybe I will try to get some better pics. Thanks for the compliments.
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful!

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    Pretty dress!  Mine is Allure too.  I loved a lot of their dresses.  :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Me too! 3 of my favorite dresses ended up being Allure. That wasn't even intentional.

• edited December 2011
    lovely!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    beautiful!!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • RedMinxRedMinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful!
  • edited December 2011
    pretty
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Love it! Really pretty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker